× Members

Dreaded mortgage reduction letter arrived!!!

• millymoo
  • Topic Author
13 years 7 months ago #30020 by millymoo
Hi Pete

Thanks for that advice i appreciate any input at all. If my home is repossessed there will be no equity in it, it should just about break even. In an ideal world i should really put my house up for sale and hope that it sells first. At least this way i should be able to pay off my mortgage and not have a shortfall to pay. I just dont know if i could cope with showing a potential buyer around my home that i have worked so hard to make comfy and feel like home.

I have just contacted my local council and i have been advised that they will write to me in Nov offering a variety of homes that i can apply for. I have been told even if my home is still up for sale there is no reason why i couldnt move into a council home.

I fully understand where you are coming from and i will take further advice. I will be so pleased when this noose around my neck loosens as its really putting my health under extreme pressure.

Please if anyone has any idea's i would be so grateful to hear them!!

Mm :(
The topic has been locked.
  • millymoo
  • Topic Author
13 years 7 months ago #30024 by millymoo
Hi Lulu

Sorry for delay, i dont know if it depends where you are in the country, but there is a new system in Lincolnshire its not council run anymore, instead its housing association. My details have been registered and confirmed this morning. I am in a mortgaged house at the minute. I cant understand why you should have to be homeless before you are given any support.

It may be worth you getting some advice from welfare right officer as surely they cant expect you to be homeless first before you can get onto the list? Its all crazy!!

The other thing i did earlier in my post was to contact my local housing advice team. They can put you in contact with charity run centres that will offer excexellent advice and also point you in the right direction. I applied for housing online so perhaps thats another option open to you.

Good luck
Mm :)
  • millymoo
  • Topic Author
13 years 7 months ago #30077 by millymoo
Hi Doris

Thank you for the link!! Do you have to subscribe to that site?!!!! I will have to sit down and try and work it out, its doesnt appear to be very user friendly!! Not like this site i had very few problems using it!!!

Yes you are right about them having to allow extra time if you are trying to sell. I just want to get it all over and done with.

More
13 years 7 months ago #30088 by Doris
millymoo wrote:

Hi Doris

Thank you for the link!! Do you have to subscribe to that site?!!!! I will have to sit down and try and work it out, its doesnt appear to be very user friendly!! Not like this site i had very few problems using it!!!

Yes you are right about them having to allow extra time if you are trying to sell. I just want to get it all over and done with.

You have to register, but its a free site. Once you get use to the way it works you'll be fine.

The people over there ( just like here ) are well versed and experienced and dont judge you ( which is vital for people in our situation ).
  • realfaithuk
13 years 7 months ago #30091 by realfaithuk
Replied by realfaithuk on topic Re:Dreaded mortgage reduction letter arrived!!!
wonder how this will work? as do you have to show you have no income or mony made from sell of your home to be offered a home? as i lost my home of 24 yrs due to asb and moved to small room no disbaled acess by landlord , lost out on right to buy and down sizing grant, all cause i was a traget, cause of my disbality, and had to move for my safety, and took me aages to try to get speicalsit hosuing for my needs, a yr on, only place was not type of home i need for my illness, and no help form legal adivce law centre or nor di the so called landlord help, thye only wanted thier 3 bed house, to for someone on thier list, now i mist out, having to try all over again, into shetlered hosuing with full wheelchair acess, and its a bidding syetme, not many homes around in east of uk,
More
13 years 7 months ago #30112 by lulu
Thanks Millymoo
I live in Lanarkshire in Scotland but your help is indeed greatly appreciated, thanx x x
Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.