× Members

Dreaded mortgage reduction letter arrived!!!

• no1sicac
13 years 6 months ago #33989 by no1sicac
Mm hi there just an idea but would it be feasible to take in a lodger ?.MY THOUGHTS ARE WITH YOU.
The topic has been locked.
  • millymoo
  • Topic Author
13 years 6 months ago #34440 by millymoo
Hi Rachel, Carole and Maggie,

Thank you so much for your kind words and support that you are giving me over such a difficult time. I appreciate the time you have taken and encouragement given to me when i am at my lowest point. It means so much to me the kindness you are showing as i know you all have disabilities and yet find the strength to give encouragement to others, for that i will always be grateful. Believe me when i say it,this site from both members and mods has been a life saver for me. There have been times when i have felt so alone with all this and felt like giving up. I really feel that without you i wouldnt have come this far.

Its a great comfort knowing that you care and that i am not alone. I feel i can pour my heart out without being judged,i do feel we are all friend and hope that i can support others in the same way as you have done for me.

Hi no1sicac

Thank you for your support and i appreciate any suggestions that anyone has. I have considered taking in a lodger but it would have to be declared and it would affect my CT and HB. I also have severe crohn's disease and spend a lot of my life in the bathroom (without going into too much detail lol) I only have 1 bathroom so it would be very awkward having a lodger that i dont know living with me.

God bless you all and have a peaceful weekend. Look forward to B&W returning on monday.

To all the moderators have a lovely weekend without you this forum wouldnt be here. I am grateful for everything you do, you are very special people.

Mm :) xx
  • Survivor
13 years 6 months ago #34442 by Survivor
I haven't read all of this thread, but I hope it's not too late to say that however things work out housing wise, you will be happy wherever you end up.

I once owned my own house, then I lost it. Some years down the line, I live in rented accommodation, and whilst I would like to own my own house, the flat I now rent is actually nicer than the house I owned. The only thing I miss is my washing line.

Sometimes I think about how great it would be to own a house again, then I remember about things like the cost of repairs, and I remind myself that it's swings and roundabouts.

May you find somewhere to live where you can be happy.
  • millymoo
  • Topic Author
13 years 5 months ago #34669 by millymoo
Hi all

I have sold my house!!!! :) I was made an offer this morning which i have accepted and it was very close to the asking price. I have only had to show one couple round my home and it is them who are buying it! They are a lovely couple and i know they will cherish it as much as i have!! They want a quick turnround so it will be 6 weeks maximum. i cant wait for the offer of my new home which should be within the next 4 weeks as i am now officially homeless.

Thanks for your post Survivor, i have accepted deep down that i can make my new house my home. I am luckier than most in that it has sold so quickly, i am a firm believer in that it was meant to be. I agree with what you said about not having to worry about maintenance and the cost that goes with it, if anything breaks i just pick up the phone and someone fixes it at no cost to me!!!

I will keep posting to the end as it may help someone else, as i am sure there will be many more people in my situation. It also helps me deal with it by sharing it. You have all been amazing and i know i couldnt have got through this without you!!!!

Mm :laugh: :laugh:
  • RachelPotter
13 years 5 months ago #34674 by RachelPotter
Replied by RachelPotter on topic Re:Dreaded mortgage reduction letter arrived!!!
Hi Mm, that's really good news! Onwards and upwards to a new happy home!

All the best,
Rachel
More
13 years 5 months ago #34695 by carole
Great news Mm glad that you can see the end of the tunnel. Like Survivor said swings and roundabouts, I had lovely homes in the past and lost them and now have a flat with the council may not be as grand as before but it is home a place i feel safe and secure for the first time in my life, so hope you will find the same in your new place, a new begining, a fresh start.
Brillant news. Big cuddle to milly

Carole :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.