× Members

Dreaded mortgage reduction letter arrived!!!

• no1sicac
13 years 6 months ago #33989 by no1sicac
Mm hi there just an idea but would it be feasible to take in a lodger ?.MY THOUGHTS ARE WITH YOU.
The topic has been locked.
  • millymoo
  • Topic Author
13 years 6 months ago #34440 by millymoo
Hi Rachel, Carole and Maggie,

Thank you so much for your kind words and support that you are giving me over such a difficult time. I appreciate the time you have taken and encouragement given to me when i am at my lowest point. It means so much to me the kindness you are showing as i know you all have disabilities and yet find the strength to give encouragement to others, for that i will always be grateful. Believe me when i say it,this site from both members and mods has been a life saver for me. There have been times when i have felt so alone with all this and felt like giving up. I really feel that without you i wouldnt have come this far.

Its a great comfort knowing that you care and that i am not alone. I feel i can pour my heart out without being judged,i do feel we are all friend and hope that i can support others in the same way as you have done for me.

Hi no1sicac

Thank you for your support and i appreciate any suggestions that anyone has. I have considered taking in a lodger but it would have to be declared and it would affect my CT and HB. I also have severe crohn's disease and spend a lot of my life in the bathroom (without going into too much detail lol) I only have 1 bathroom so it would be very awkward having a lodger that i dont know living with me.

God bless you all and have a peaceful weekend. Look forward to B&W returning on monday.

To all the moderators have a lovely weekend without you this forum wouldnt be here. I am grateful for everything you do, you are very special people.

Mm :) xx
  • Survivor
13 years 6 months ago #34442 by Survivor
I haven't read all of this thread, but I hope it's not too late to say that however things work out housing wise, you will be happy wherever you end up.

I once owned my own house, then I lost it. Some years down the line, I live in rented accommodation, and whilst I would like to own my own house, the flat I now rent is actually nicer than the house I owned. The only thing I miss is my washing line.

Sometimes I think about how great it would be to own a house again, then I remember about things like the cost of repairs, and I remind myself that it's swings and roundabouts.

May you find somewhere to live where you can be happy.
  • millymoo
  • Topic Author
13 years 6 months ago #34669 by millymoo
Hi all

I have sold my house!!!! :) I was made an offer this morning which i have accepted and it was very close to the asking price. I have only had to show one couple round my home and it is them who are buying it! They are a lovely couple and i know they will cherish it as much as i have!! They want a quick turnround so it will be 6 weeks maximum. i cant wait for the offer of my new home which should be within the next 4 weeks as i am now officially homeless.

Thanks for your post Survivor, i have accepted deep down that i can make my new house my home. I am luckier than most in that it has sold so quickly, i am a firm believer in that it was meant to be. I agree with what you said about not having to worry about maintenance and the cost that goes with it, if anything breaks i just pick up the phone and someone fixes it at no cost to me!!!

I will keep posting to the end as it may help someone else, as i am sure there will be many more people in my situation. It also helps me deal with it by sharing it. You have all been amazing and i know i couldnt have got through this without you!!!!

Mm :laugh: :laugh:
  • RachelPotter
13 years 6 months ago #34674 by RachelPotter
Replied by RachelPotter on topic Re:Dreaded mortgage reduction letter arrived!!!
Hi Mm, that's really good news! Onwards and upwards to a new happy home!

All the best,
Rachel
More
13 years 6 months ago #34695 by carole
Great news Mm glad that you can see the end of the tunnel. Like Survivor said swings and roundabouts, I had lovely homes in the past and lost them and now have a flat with the council may not be as grand as before but it is home a place i feel safe and secure for the first time in my life, so hope you will find the same in your new place, a new begining, a fresh start.
Brillant news. Big cuddle to milly

Carole :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris