× Members

Dreaded mortgage reduction letter arrived!!!

More
13 years 3 months ago #42841 by tommo
All sounds good Milly .. keep us updated... Who's the nasty lender your with at the moment ??
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 3 months ago #42873 by mayflower
Replied by mayflower on topic Re:Dreaded mortgage reduction letter arrived!!!
Hi Mm
Sincerely hope that all goes well for you this time - keeping my fingers crossed.
Love maggie
  • millymoo
  • Topic Author
13 years 3 months ago #43124 by millymoo
Hi all

Thank you so much for your continued support. I have declined the offer of this property its not right for me. There was a strong smell of damp when entering the property but you could see it coming through the paint in the lounge and kitchen. In the main bedroom the roof was badly damaged and damp was obvious on the ceiling and walls. I know this would (hopefully) be rectified before i moved in but i would struggle with limited space in the bedroom, it would only accomodate a single bed and very little else and i would have a problem finding somewhere to stand my medical equipment at night when i am having my feed.

Mum came with me and whilst we were waiting to look round we got chatting to the neighbours. They advised me against moving to the area as it wasnt a nice area to live in. They have been trying to be placed somewhere else now for 3 years with no joy. They have been burgled twice and said they were surrounded by drugs. I was concerned about what they had said but looked at the property with an open mind. I am disappointed that the property wasnt suitable but am pleased i havnt accepted somewhere that i could potentially be very unhappy in. :(

Mm :) xx
  • RachelPotter
13 years 3 months ago #43129 by RachelPotter
Replied by RachelPotter on topic Re:Dreaded mortgage reduction letter arrived!!!
Hi Mm, keep on keeping on. And you're right not to accept anything which isn't healthy to live in!

Best wishes,
Rachel :)
  • millymoo
  • Topic Author
13 years 3 weeks ago #55424 by millymoo
Hi

Just a brief update, i have been applying for council property now for 6 months with no success. My local council will not allow me to apply for a bungalow that has been adapted as i do not match the age criteria!!! I am 47 the age criteria is 50 and above. So i am severly restricted to what i can apply for and as you can imagine i haven't found anything that is adapted for my disability and to be honest the council really don't seem to care!!
I have hopefully sold my property i have accepted an offer, so now my situation is desperate.

I had a "light bulb" moment about a week ago and rung my local MP, who is coming out to see me on monday with a counciler. I have explained my situation to him and he is confident that they can help me!!! I could kick myself for not ringing him sooner, its amazing what you do when things do become desperate.

So for anyone out there in a similar situation or for that matter any other problem that you don't seem to be getting anywhere with please contact your MP direct. I have had a very dismal 6 months, i have been in a hole that i have struggled to get out of, i really feel that maybe there is a light at the end of this very dark long tunnel!!! I think i am getting my fight back lol!!! :woohoo:

Mm :) xx
More
13 years 3 weeks ago #55436 by mayflower
Replied by mayflower on topic Re:Dreaded mortgage reduction letter arrived!!!
Hi Mm
I have been wondering how you are so am pleased to see a post from you, although I'm very sorry you've been having such a rough time. I very much hope your MP & your local Councillor will be able to help you find a home for yourself that meets your needs.

I know it's tough but you've been strong for such a long time, try & stay in there for a little longer.

Love maggie
Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.