× Members

Dreaded mortgage reduction letter arrived!!!

• millymoo
  • Topic Author
13 years 3 weeks ago #55439 by millymoo
Hi Maggie

I really appreciate your continued support, i am hoping that i will get the help that i need from MP and counciler. I did say to my MP that i cant be the only person in this area that is under 50 and disabled. I hope that on monday when i come back to this topic it will be good news!!! I also hope that by posting my situation on here that it could help someone else in the same position as i have found myself in.

Love Mm :) xx
The topic has been locked.
  • RachelPotter
13 years 3 weeks ago #55464 by RachelPotter
Replied by RachelPotter on topic Re:Dreaded mortgage reduction letter arrived!!!
Hi Mm, so sorry that your housing still hasn't been sorted out.

I don't believe your council!! People very young in Hampshire get bungalows if they need them and have them specially adapted.

I really hope your MP is on your side and gets things moving for you.

Stay strong, big hugs,

Rachel :)
  • millymoo
  • Topic Author
13 years 3 weeks ago #55486 by millymoo
Hi Rachel

Thank you for your support. In this region they have this strange idea that no one under 50 can apply for a bungalow as these are reserved for the elderly, some of which i am certain are much fitter than me!!! Under 50 it seems to be ground floor flat or nothing, they don't even look at the bigger picture, if the flat isn't already adapted then they won't even consider me for it. I am really hoping my appointment on monday will be positive!!!

Have a lovely weekend
Mm :) xx
  • millymoo
  • Topic Author
13 years 3 weeks ago #55497 by millymoo
Just one thing i did forget to mention is that i did speak to my lender last week and advised that i would be speaking to my MP and since that they are bending over backwards to help me. Previous to that they really didn't want to know, in fact they have said if i do find somewhere to move and things get too bad for me all i need to do is walk into 1 of their branches and hand back the keys. I would have to complete a form called "sucker" how fitting!! But since that conversation i have accepted the offer on my house so it won't come to that. If all goes to plan all i need to sort after all this is the negative equity, but the housing team had assured me this will be sorted it may even be written off. The worst possible sanario is that i pay back £5 a month as a token, but they say that would cost more for my lender in admin fee's!!! I am just hoping everything will go to plan and i can start living my life again!!

Wishing you all a great weekend!! Thank you mods for all you do to keep this lifeline site running, what you all do is priceless. I don't know where i would be without the help and support from the mods and members, but one thing is certain i will be forever grateful. Thank you!!! :)

Mm :) xx
  • RachelPotter
13 years 1 day ago #56929 by RachelPotter
Replied by RachelPotter on topic Re:Dreaded mortgage reduction letter arrived!!!
Hi Mm, hope you are ok? Thinking of you.

Best wishes,
Rachel :)
More
13 years 1 day ago #56947 by tommo
Any news Milly.. ?
Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.