× Members

Dreaded mortgage reduction letter arrived!!!

More
13 years 23 hours ago #56948 by lulu
Hope you are ok Milly and thinkingof you at this worrying time. I got told that I only get help with the Government schemes available if I cannot pay my Mortgage. I got "Money Matters" to sort out my income and basically have to live on bread and water, as long as my mortgage gets paid and that if it is getting paid I continue to live on bread and water. Its like existing for nothing to be honest. Never mind I shall turn on the News and see if it will cheer me up :) :)
The topic has been locked.
  • millymoo
  • Topic Author
12 years 10 months ago #59134 by millymoo
Hi all

I really hope this post will be passed by mods. After having contact with my MP who in turn has written to my local council and i was told i had to have a needs assessment to qualify for a disabled bungalow. I had this assessment yesterday which seemed to go quite well. I have just received a call from my local council telling me i could now bid for any property now including those for the over 50.

I cant believe it, i know that this isnt the end of the road now as i still have to find a property, but i now have an allocation officer working closely with me advising as and when these properties become vacant for the disabled. My property has now sold so it wont be long before i get my new home. The buyers of my home are prepared to work with me and are in no rush to move in. So all round i really feel my luck is turning. I will post as and when things happen. I cant begin to tell you all how grateful i am for your continued support with this, i couldnt have done this on my own. I am hoping that what has happened to me may help someone else in the future, half the battle is knowing what to do.

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart!!

Big hugs
Mm :) xx
  • originaldave
12 years 10 months ago #59135 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:Dreaded mortgage reduction letter arrived!!!
millymoo wrote:

Hi all

I really hope this post will be passed by mods. After having contact with my MP who in turn has written to my local council and i was told i had to have a needs assessment to qualify for a disabled bungalow. I had this assessment yesterday which seemed to go quite well. I have just received a call from my local council telling me i could now bid for any property now including those for the over 50.

I cant believe it, i know that this isnt the end of the road now as i still have to find a property, but i now have an allocation officer working closely with me advising as and when these properties become vacant for the disabled. My property has now sold so it wont be long before i get my new home. The buyers of my home are prepared to work with me and are in no rush to move in. So all round i really feel my luck is turning. I will post as and when things happen. I cant begin to tell you all how grateful i am for your continued support with this, i couldnt have done this on my own. I am hoping that what has happened to me may help someone else in the future, half the battle is knowing what to do.

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart!!

Big hugs
Mm :) xx

great news are they in a chain ? I suppose coming vacent timing is like how long is a piece of string, that said as winter arrives they will get more :(
  • peterjclive
12 years 10 months ago #59144 by peterjclive
Replied by peterjclive on topic Re:Dreaded mortgage reduction letter arrived!!!
hi millymoo our story is slightly different but with the same result wecould not afford the mortgage we found a buyer but the sale fell through for various reasons the building society would give us no time to find a new buyer to cut a long story short they sold the house at auction with a shortfall of 57000pounds we now pay them 1pound a month we live in a private rented 4 bedroom detached house with 2en suite and underfloor heating in powys and we are surrounded by lovely countryside because we have private pensions we do not qualify for any financial help our rent is 650permonth but we moved from bromgrove were it would have cost 1300 per month for the same type of property we are very content and do not miss having a mortgage good luck peter
More
12 years 10 months ago #59165 by tommo
Well done Milly... :cheer:
More
12 years 10 months ago #59167 by mayflower
Replied by mayflower on topic Re:Dreaded mortgage reduction letter arrived!!!
Hi millymoo
That is fantastic news - I am hoping it will all come together for you soon & that you can get on with living & not just surviving.
Very best wishes
maggie
Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.