× Members

Dreaded mortgage reduction letter arrived!!!

More
13 years 7 months ago #27783 by tommo
millymoo wrote:

Hi all

Thank you so much for sharing this with me and for your kind words they are very much appreciated. Well after a lot of thinking i have decided to go to my local link on monday and get the ball rolling. Re my last post it could be doing me a big favour as the stairs are a nightmare. Plus if i was able to get a bungalow it would be a lot easier t manage than my current 3 bedroom house. When i think about it i rattle round it. I have a very large garden that takes a lot of looking after and i have to pay to get hat done.

I feel so much more positive about it now, it really isnt worth it.

Taffy you also sound like you have had more than your fair share of things. You too survivor and yet you all take the time to respond. Martha it sounds great where you are living now, they say some things happen for a reason.

Thank you all

Mm:)

Hi Milly... As I could well be headed for the same boat as you I've been making a few inquiries, I have noted that my local council operate a Government Mortgage Rescue Scheme that has some very interesting options. If you go here www.tmbc.gov.uk and then click on housing.. Hopefully your local council runs a similar scheme.. Let us know what you think..
The topic has been locked.
  • millymoo
  • Topic Author
13 years 7 months ago #27789 by millymoo
Hi Tommo

I have had a look at this but because i live on my own DWP would not meet the rent because its a 3 bedroom house they would still only give me a % of that. I have spoken to the housing advice team about this but they say i wouldnt be any better off. I really appreciate your help with this and if you see anything else like this i would be grateful if you would post it for me.

I guess i have resigned myself to the fact that i will be moving, my house and garden are too big for me to manage now. Due to my mobility i am not sure how much longer i could cope with the stairs. Thinking about it logically maybe this is happening for a reason. The other thing that worries me is there will come a time when repairs will be required and i just wont be able to afford to do it. For some reason i feel quite calm about it which is quite scarey!!!

There will be a lot of people in our situation very soon. You work so hard to get onto the property market and for what! It feels like a noose around my neck at the moment, its really not helping my disability at all.

Please keep me updated on your progress if i can help you with anything i will. Its surprising what comes out of the woodwork in your hour of need!!!

Kind wishes
Mm :)
  • millymoo
  • Topic Author
13 years 7 months ago #27808 by millymoo
Hi all

Well i am in 1 of my cynical moods this evening!! Just a thought it will give younger couples the oppertunity to jump onto the property ladder once all these proposed homes have been repossessed!!! All these properties that will be at knock down prices!!! If some good comes of it then so be it, i feel so sorry for the younger generation. Give it 6 months and i am sure there will be many more people in the same boat it doesnt bare thinking about. There must be a glimmer of hope at the end of this long tunnel!!!

I dont know, the rich get richer and the poor stay poor and we get a good old kick whilst we are down.

A good old saying "every day is a gift which is why it is called the present" although i sometimes wonder!!! :woohoo:

Mm :)
More
13 years 7 months ago #27815 by tommo
Hi Milly.. did you get any information about the shared equity scheme from your local housing council dept... ?
More
13 years 7 months ago #27816 by carole
Hi Mm
I agree with you,Its in the present moment that we can experience life. I'm a great one for quotes and would like to pass one on to you
" Strength does not come from winning, your struggles develop your strength. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender that is your strength "

Take care
Carole :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
  • millymoo
  • Topic Author
13 years 6 months ago #27891 by millymoo
Hi all

Another update the housing advice team and rung me again today!!! The mortgage rescue scheme is not for me but we are still keeping that in mind. I have put in an application form for social housing and i have completed it in such depth regarding my diability.

It is looking like it may be a case of putting my house on the market ad hopefully sell it before my lender repossesses!!! But because of my disability i would be housed straight away. Housing advice team have told me not to do anything untl they come back to me tomorrow as they are wanting to look at ever possible angle. But at least i knowmy name is on the waiting list for housing, if by any miracle there is a way out i can always tae it off!!!

I am tired of struggling and tryng to make ends meet, so i really hope that i sell or its repossessed at least i can start afresh and at least i will have a cosy winter lol!!! :)

Mm
Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.