× Members

Dreaded mortgage reduction letter arrived!!!

More
13 years 6 months ago #27895 by mayflower
Replied by mayflower on topic Re:Dreaded mortgage reduction letter arrived!!!
Hi Mm
I am so sorry about your situation,it's horrible but you seem to be handling it with great courage & strength & I very much hope that it all works out ok for you in the end. Hang on in there - you're an inspiration to us all.
Kindest wishes
maggie
The topic has been locked.
  • millymoo
  • Topic Author
13 years 6 months ago #27957 by millymoo
Hi Maggie

Thanks for your support! When i read your message i burst into tears, i have had so muh support from other membes inclucding Carole, Tommo just to name a few. I just thought if i post my situation it could help someone else rather than them having to start from scratch like i have not knowing where to start. Having all this support has pushed me this far, i will see it to the end and i will post to the end!! :woohoo:

Kind wishes
Mm :)
  • millymoo
  • Topic Author
13 years 6 months ago #28012 by millymoo
Hi all

Another update of my journey with an unknown end!!! I have spoken to housing advice service again today and are making me an appointment to see someone from Welfare debt avice service to see if there is anything that can be reduced and to ensure i am on the correct benefits. There is nowhere else that i can reduce my outgoings as they are to the bone now. But i will see them hopefully on monday and see what they cant do. My mortgage is my only debt as i pay my credit card off in full each month. The only other things are my direct debits for my bills, but i may hve overlooked things!!!

Its quite scarey as my lender still hasnt written to me but they will when DWP send their fraction (i was going to say share but its not that at all). I dread the postman coming but hey i know i am not alone. Will post again on monday following my apointment!!! I dont know, you are all going to get fed up with me in the end.

Mm xx :) a smile costs nothing!!
More
13 years 6 months ago #28021 by carole
Hi Mm
No we wont get fed up with you, we are here to support each other, i know i have found this site a lifeline, when my anxiety levels are sky high, i know that others are going through the same trials and that gives strength.
I had a sort of my bills to see where i can cut down and applied for a water meter, I am not able to have one as i am in a maisonette, but am able to get a discount for single occupancy which has cut that bill in half.
Fingers crossed for Monday, let us know how it goes and have a peaceful weekend.

Carole :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
More
13 years 6 months ago #28045 by c00kered
Hi Millymoo

Sorry to say this but just to let you know everybody will be affected, not just mortgage payers anyone who receives housing benefit will have it reduced and will have to find the difference.
  • millymoo
  • Topic Author
13 years 6 months ago #28082 by millymoo
Hi Carole

Once again thank you for your support its very much appreciated. xx

COOkered

Yes i appreciate what you are saying but it is the mortgage payers that are affected at the end sept 2010. I dont know if you have read all of this topic, but i am posting my experience and runaround with different authorities in the hope that if just 1 other member is helped by my post it will have been worth exposing my personl circumstances, which at times has been very hard. It may even help you in the long run!! My hope is that other membes will be able to go straight to the correct department and get the help they need, as its frustrating being passed from pilar to post.

Good luck
Mm :) a smile costs nothing
Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.