× Members

Dreaded mortgage reduction letter arrived!!!

• millymoo
  • Topic Author
13 years 6 months ago #28852 by millymoo
Hi all :)

Well my appointment today went much better than i expected. The lady listened to me while i blurted everything out, to be honest i didnt know were to start. She kept a copy of my spreadsheet i had done with my financial commitments, also details of my mortgage etc and is going to have a look at all the options available to me.

This lady was fantastic and she is coming out to me on the 13th to advise in which direction to go which is a big help as i felt so ill today but knew i had to go. I wish i had known they did home visits!!

Although i am not behind with my motgage as yet she has confirmed that it can take up to a year for reposession to take place once i default with my payments. That gives me the chance to try and sell at least i should be ale to clear my mortgage. I expressed my concerns about selling and making myself homeless, but she has put my mind at rest and i will still be a priority for housing.

I will see what the outcome is on the 13th!! I feel so much happier for talking to someone about it and i know its not something that can be sorted overnight, but i also know that i am not going to lose my home overnight either. I really hd got myself into a right panic over it all. She has said she will help me as much as i want and is also happy to deal with my lender for me, this noose round my neck is starting to loosen a little. I really hate not being in control of my situation but i am so grateful for the help.

I really felt like i was a failure and was dreading my appointment, i suppose i was scared of admitting i couldnt deal wth it alone. So please if you are in the same position as me get advice asap. They didnt patronise me and more important didnt cast judgement on my occupation "disabled". I will keep you all updated on my progress and thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your support and help throughout this, without you i wouldnt have got this far.

Mm :) a smile costs nothing
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 6 months ago #28872 by tommo
Well done Milly... I'm as relieved as you are with the positive information you were given as I'm going to get my ball rolling with the local council.... I'm really surprised no one has mentioned it will be so much cheaper to keep disabled people in there own home rather than all the upheaval and stress of finding them suitable house!!
More
13 years 6 months ago #28893 by carole
Hi Mm
Well done you on getting through a difficult day. It will a comfort I'm sure to know whatever happens you will still have a roof over your head which is the main thing, and a real big thing. You are also not having to face all this upheaval alone, as you have someone helping you with the practical and we are here to support you emotionally.
Try to remember you are not in anyway a failure, health/circumstances have dictated that you have to change some things in your life, it is not a sense of failing in anything, you have in fact shown courage and strength in changing some things because you have to. That is something to be admired, good on you
Take care and keep strong

Carole :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
  • millymoo
  • Topic Author
13 years 6 months ago #29055 by millymoo
Hi Carole and Tommo

Thank you so much for your posts its down to people like yourselves that are getting me through this :) I guess there will be many people who will be in a similar situation once everything kicks in, at least by following my journey they will be able to go directly to the people that can help them much quicker. If i can just help 1 other member i would be very happy :)

Once again thank you for your support!!

Mm :) a smile costs nothing
  • Ranald
13 years 6 months ago #29063 by Ranald
I am pleased you have had a positive result with the housing department, my own experiences were somewhat different but then so were my circumstances.

I was still sharing the marital home with my ex and therefore i was not top of the list for re-housing but my ex and kids were rehoused almost straight away when the house was eventually sold.

Keep your chin up Milly and i wish you the very best of luck.

Ranald. :)
More
13 years 6 months ago #29093 by lulu
Went to CAB today to see about managing my debts(mortgage payments) but I was told it would take 6-8 wks to speak to a financial advisor on the "buy to rent scheme" and the "shared equity scheme"
In meantime my lender is shouting asking what I am doing to get help and I just feel the Government is not too bothered who loses there homes.
Also told these schemes are limited as Government only allow a certain amount of funding for such.
Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.