× Members

Dreaded mortgage reduction letter arrived!!!

More
13 years 6 months ago #29106 by tommo
lulu wrote:

Went to CAB today to see about managing my debts(mortgage payments) but I was told it would take 6-8 wks to speak to a financial advisor on the "buy to rent scheme" and the "shared equity scheme"
In meantime my lender is shouting asking what I am doing to get help and I just feel the Government is not too bothered who loses there homes.
Also told these schemes are limited as Government only allow a certain amount of funding for such.

Hi LuLu. Why not go straight to your local council and see if they can help.. ?
The topic has been locked.
  • millymoo
  • Topic Author
13 years 6 months ago #29110 by millymoo
Hi Lulu

I was told that the "buy to rent" scheme wouldnt make a great deal of difference to the amount i would have to pay for rent, it would probably be the roughly the same as i am paying on my mortgage!! I appreciate the CAB are very busy at the moment as they are struggling to see everyone that are in the same position as we are, but could you not see someone from the welfare debt advice? Failing that it could be worth going through your local housing advice team, you can get their details from the link.

I really know what you are going through its a living nightmare and its difficult to focus when all this is happening around you. I really didnt know which way to turn. You are right all the government are bothered about is saving money, they really dont care,but then they can go home to their nice comfy, warm home not giving a 2nd thought to us. It may also be worth putting your name down on the council list, i did that as soon as i found out about the extra mortgage that i would have to pay.

If you can see someone from welfare debt they should deal with your lender on your behalf. I really hope they help you as much as they are me. Please let us know how you get on with it.

Take care
Mm :) a smile costs nothing

Hi Ranald

Thanks for that i really appreciate all you support.

Mm
More
13 years 6 months ago #29112 by lulu
hi Tommo, thanks for your reply. Went to Council 2 wks ago and advised me I cannot be put on a waiting list until such time I am "Homeless". In a mortgaged house presently. Really dont know what Government are thinking !
More
13 years 6 months ago #29114 by lulu
Hi there Millymoo,
Where would I get Welfare Debt, is it my Benefits office ? I asked if I could go on Council Waiting list but advised have to be "homeless" first ! Thanks for your reply,very much appreciated :)
More
13 years 6 months ago #29139 by Cheryl
I also received the mortgage reduction letter and will now be only getting £16 towards my mortgage after the changes this govenment have made, I couldnt believe it, my esp is £364 a mth plus the £16 is a grand total of £380 a month, my mortgage is £330 a month!!!! £50 left a month for food, gas, elec, water, TV etc etc etc

I was turned down flat for DLA the 1st time I applied, I applied again 8mths later after struggling so much and not getting any better, which my consultant had already told me I wouldnt get better. I followed information from this site, got declined again, I appealed as they had gone on a medical I had for esa the year b4 which lasted all of 10mins! I was offered another medical which I attended armed with all the info I could and didn't take my morphine b4 I went so I could attended with my problems on full view and show the Dr this is how I am every day until I take my meds and they only relieve it slightly for maybe an hour!.
The long wait started, I requested a copy of the Dr's report, twice, b4 I got it! then Ive just got news Ive been awarded higher mobility lower care, be it only for 1 year as the Dr thought I may be helped with more medication/operation, but Im so happy especially when I didn't know how I would survive on £50 a month.
BUT to top it all my medication was changed last week without me seeing a Dr!
I went to pick my perscription only for the chemist to notice it wasn't my normal medication, anyhow a long story short, I ended up in a raised arguement in the Dr's who told me there was nothing they could do it was the 'Primary Care Trust' I needed to contact as the medication I was on was very expensive so it's been changed to save the NHS some money.
I have spent 20 months in agony trying every kind of pain medication that would work without sending me into la la land and this medication helped me with my pain just enough for me to retain some independance but that didnt matter anymore, the cost mattered instead! what is this world coming to?
The cheaper medication did nothing what so ever for me, no side effects and no pain relief. After 4 painful and sleepless days I phoned the Primary Care Trust who agreed to keep me on my normal medication, contacted my Dr and had a perscription ready to collect within half an hour, SO BEWARE OF THIS CUT BACK!
  • millymoo
  • Topic Author
13 years 6 months ago #29186 by millymoo
Hi Cheryl

If you contact your housing advice team nd they will give you a contact for debt welfare number, thats how i found out about it. Also if you explain your circumstances to them it will help when or if you need council property, i have been told you get extra points if you have been through them. The other thing is i didnt ring the council to go on the housing list i applied online!!! But none of this is anything to do with the benefits office.

I am new to all of this so i dont know if it is different process depending on the area that you live. I am in Lincolnshre and i have been treated with respect, everyone has been so helpful.

I am concered about your drugs being changed just for cheapness, i am on 32 different prescriptions each month so obviousy will be very expensive, i will now keep a check on wat i am getting. I can really do without them messing with my drugs as it has taen a long time to get me under control!!!

Wishing you all the very best!! Please ask if there is anything else you need to know!!

Mm :) a smile costs nothing
Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.