× Members

Dreaded mortgage reduction letter arrived!!!

• millymoo
  • Topic Author
13 years 6 months ago #29190 by millymoo
Sorry i meant to send this last message to Lulu :blush:

Mm
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 6 months ago #29193 by Blunder Woman
Replied by Blunder Woman on topic Re:Dreaded mortgage reduction letter arrived!!!

The Bank of England has held interest rates at the historic low of 0.5%.
- 1:18pm UK, Thursday October 07, 2010

news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Business/Bank-...est_Rates_At_0.5%25_

..At least our revised mortgage assistance (based on the fictional 3.5% interest rate) won't be cut further this month! :blink:
  • millymoo
  • Topic Author
13 years 6 months ago #29268 by millymoo
Hi BB

Thats good news for a lot of people!!! But when is all this going to come to an end!! Its quite worrying as to what will happen next i am dreading the 20th of this month when everything that is going to change comes into force!!!

Mm :) a smile costs nothing
  • Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
More
13 years 6 months ago #29273 by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
Replied by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law) on topic Re:Dreaded mortgage reduction letter arrived!!!
Hi MM,

All that will happen on 20 October is that George Osborne, Chancellor of the Exchequer will announce planned cuts, nothing comes into force that day.

For example plans to change social security benefits like IB/ESA, HB, CTB, Tax Credits etc to a single credit will require repeal of all current legislation, and new primary legislation to be put forward in a White Paper, then a Bill, which would need to be passed by both Houses of Parliament.

It's been estimated that to do this would take around ten years, or it may never happen if insufficient MP's vote against it.

Other changes to be announced include Child Benefit, possibly Winter Fuel Payment currently paid to all over 60 years of age. There have been suggestions that the qualifying age will be raised to 70, but I doubt if this will happen.

Indeed, nothing will happen until it's approved by Parliament.

I'd advise members not to worry, as nothing is 'set in stone', and even if some or all the proposals are passed, they will take years to implement.

So why worry about something that may never happen :P

PLEASE READ THE SPOTLIGHTS AREA OF THE FORUM REGULARLY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
  • millymoo
  • Topic Author
13 years 6 months ago #29278 by millymoo
Hi Jim

Thanks for your post i feel beter after hearing that!! I automatically thought it would take effect from that date and drop it on us in a similar way as they have the mortgage interest rates!!!

Mm :) a smile costs nothing
More
13 years 6 months ago #29288 by tommo
They soon rushed thru the cut in mortgage benefit, that not a lot of people new about before hand.. !
Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.