× Members

Medical this week

• sarah77
  • Topic Author
13 years 5 months ago #28572 by sarah77
Medical this week was created by sarah77
Hello, I have to go for a medical this week on mental health grounds. Does anyone have any advice? I'm thinking of trying to ring them as this week is not going to be good, it will be difficult to get there as my partner is away and won't be able to come or give me a lift, I'll have to try and get a bus I guess. It's making me anxious, to try to find it! Still I guess at least they'll see the effect on me I suppose. Wonder if best to try and get them to change to the following week, any advise welcome.I've been ill with severe postnatal depression.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #28573 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:Medical this week
Hi Sarah

You will find advice on medicals in the guides in the members' area.

You are perfectly entitled to phone and ask for another appointment if your partner is unable to attend the appointment you have been given, if you feel you need your partner with you.

Best of luck

Derek

• Dippypud
13 years 5 months ago #28589 by Dippypud
Replied by Dippypud on topic Re:Medical this week
Hi Sarah,

Have a look at the venue on Google Maps street veiw.
It may help you decide that you need to reschedule or not.
It will give you a "feel" for the area, I found it helps if you have access issues as we have, best of luck with your medical.

Regards, Pud

• The Thing
13 years 5 months ago #28624 by The Thing
Replied by The Thing on topic Re:Medical this week
Going on your own to a medical could lose you points for mental health.

Also traveling on public Transport (bus) could also lose you points at medical.

Ring up and rearrange the appointment when your partner can take you and and be with you at the medical.

• sarah77
  • Topic Author
13 years 5 months ago #28683 by sarah77
Replied by sarah77 on topic Re:Medical this week
Hi again, thanks. My friend, a mum from a postnatal baby group, is going to take me, and a grandparent is going to mind my child at home, which both are a great relief. I was nervous about finding it and taking my child to it too. Now, I'm wondering whether to take my friend in with me or ask her to wait in the waiting room or car for me. I'm just thinking if she's there I might not be so honest about how bad things are some days, although maybe it's better to take her in too, oh not sure. Any advice welcome. Might they listen more or take me more seriously with another? Also, I've been putting off trying to ring them and ask for a female doctor, and to tell them we may be a few mins late as my friend can't leave till half an hr before, is it important to let them know these things do you think, are they bad with lateness? Wonder if need to have female doc if discussing breastfeeding and antidepressants.

• The Thing
13 years 5 months ago #28691 by The Thing
Replied by The Thing on topic Re:Medical this week
Have a look at this link
Although it is for inc/ben not esa it will give you a good idea about medicals and scoring points.

www.ceimh.bham.ac.uk/tv/benefits.shtml

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.