× Members

2nd ESA medical 3½ weeks after the first one

• Nervy
  • Topic Author
13 years 5 months ago #30001 by Nervy
In the leaflet it says you can ask JCP for a copy of the medical report.

I had been advised at Mind that there is no point ringing up JC+ as they won't have a medical report not even an incomplete report.

That's why we rang up ATOS and not JCP.

Do you agree?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #30002 by Derek4
Hi Nervy

I usually ring JCP for a medical report and have no trouble getting a copy (although they won't send one before the Decision Maker has made a decision). I didn't even know that you can ask ATOS for a medical report.

There is no such thing as an incomplete medical report. A medical report doesn't exist until it is completed.

Derek

• Nervy
  • Topic Author
13 years 5 months ago #30127 by Nervy
It seems now My Mind advisor a got a call back from ATOS and it seems i don't have to go to this 2nd ESA medical now. B)

I will be send a letter saying this then in a few weeks time find out my outcome.

I still don't know though how ATOS could have at first have said it was a DLA medical a minute after asking me if i was claiming any other benefits.

Seems like a quick excuse. :angry: If i hadn't been claiming DLA what would he have said?

Anyway I still don't know why ATOS (or JCP) would ask if I'm claiming any other benefits. Is it the truth that the Disability and Carers Service don't tell JCP who are claiming DLA? and why? :S

More
13 years 5 months ago #30128 by Derek4
I'm as confused as you are Nervy. I can only conclude that ATOS and JCP do not have a clue what they are doing.

More
13 years 5 months ago #30172 by Gordon
Nervy

I am regularly asked if I am claiming other benefits when I call through on the ESA line to my local DWP Office, I think it one of their security questions.

Syeve

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Nervy
  • Topic Author
13 years 5 months ago #30323 by Nervy
Stephen wrote:

Nervy

I am regularly asked if I am claiming other benefits when I call through on the ESA line to my local DWP Office, I think it one of their security questions.

Syeve

That might seem plausible but then why is it that during the ATOS WCA medical assessment and in ESA50 questionaire they ask you questions that they could get from the DLA people (DCS)? :blink:

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.