× Members

DLA HOW LONG ??/

• noeline
  • Topic Author
13 years 7 months ago #31758 by noeline
DLA HOW LONG ??/ was created by noeline
HI ALL
I applied for dla and recived a letter saying it could take upto 11 weeks for a decision,the 11 weeks is now up and i have had no response yet should i ring them or let sleeping dogs lie ?.
or will i get a letter in the next few days saying that they need me to go for a medical?
has enyone else had this happen

kind regards
Noeline

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• originaldave
13 years 7 months ago #31800 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:DLA HOW LONG ??/
noeline wrote:

HI ALL
I applied for dla and recived a letter saying it could take upto 11 weeks for a decision,the 11 weeks is now up and i have had no response yet should i ring them or let sleeping dogs lie ?.
or will i get a letter in the next few days saying that they need me to go for a medical?
has enyone else had this happen

kind regards
Noeline

Give them a call could be they need to get more info from your GP or a Dr at Hospital

• noeline
  • Topic Author
13 years 7 months ago #31802 by noeline
Replied by noeline on topic Re:DLA HOW LONG ??/
thanks dave
think i will

thank you
noeline

More
13 years 7 months ago #31807 by mikmeg
Replied by mikmeg on topic Re:DLA HOW LONG ??/
Hi Noeline,

I spent 16 + weeks in limbo and terrified of a refusal.
I did get a letter saying they were looking into it and later another and later again sending for a report ,and after all that time I did get a good result.
So personally I fretted but it was elation when I did get the actual letter to confirm.
Each to their own when waiting, and it is horrible I know, but if you have bottle to be aware it might not be a good result, then phone to get it out the way.
And good luck.

Mike

• noeline
  • Topic Author
13 years 6 months ago #36836 by noeline
hi all
just bit the bullit and rang,to my horror they just told me that after 15 weeks they had not done a thing,they said sorry and dont know what has gone wrong and they would get someone to ring me in the next 5 days to explain.
maybe now i have stired the nest they might not be too happy so i am expecting a rough time ? .
anybody got any ideas.

thanks

noeline

• noeline
  • Topic Author
13 years 5 months ago #38610 by noeline
hi all again,
well 2 weeks and still no contact so i have just rang blackpool and they have told me that THEY have lost my form they have had a SPECIAL investigation into the matter and had no result.
so they said that all they could do was sen me a new form to fill in again and reapplie ( so another week of stress for me)thanks to advice on this site i did keep a copy of what i stated on the form,
however what i need to know have they a code of conduct and a duty to customer care if so as this has gone on since begining of august is it a breach of standards and if so what should i do about it or should i just get on with it and not complain ?
any advice would be great

many thanks
noeline

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris