× Members

ESA "PATHWAYS TO WORK" SCHEME

• rab1000
  • Topic Author
13 years 5 months ago #36076 by rab1000
ESA "PATHWAYS TO WORK" SCHEME was created by rab1000
The Tribunal Judge awarded me Employment and Support Allowance and placed me in the work-related activity group.

I have been placed on the "Pathways to Work" Scheme and had to attend the first interview with the Employment Advisor last week.

The Employment Advisor kept asking:
- what paid full time employment am I capable of undertaking?
- what have I action(s) have I undertaken to get myself back to full health to enable me to return to paid full time employment?
- when will I be in full health to allow me to return back to paid full time employment

I still suffer from schizophrenia and severe depression following a work related nervous breakdown 20 years ago

The Employment Advisor stated he did not need / had no access to my medical records because it was not relevant for the ESA "Pathways to Work" Scheme

What criteria do the Employment Advisor actual use? Can anyone have advise regarding the my situation?

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #36079 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:ESA
rab1000 wrote:

I still suffer from schizophrenia and severe depression following a work related nervous breakdown 20 years ago

As you are claiming ESA as opposed to Incapacity Benefit, have you been able to work until recently despite your schizophrenia and severe depression?

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
13 years 5 months ago #36083 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:ESA "PATHWAYS TO WORK" SCHEME
Hi rab1000

The ESA guides on this site fully explain your rights and obligations regarding Pathways to Work Interviews.

The first question that you mentioned you were asked was incredibly stupid; I think PWI advisers need reminding that you are only there because you are unable to work. The third question was equally stupid as nobody knows when, if ever, they will make a full recovery.

Was your interview conducted by Jobcenterplus or a private company?

Most claimants have a nightmare experience at their first interview, which is usually with JCP, but the next interview is usually with a private sector company that gets paid on results, and is therefore only interested in pushing clients who they think may be able to get a job.

Regards

Derek

More
13 years 5 months ago #36093 by tommo
Replied by tommo on topic Re:ESA "PATHWAYS TO WORK" SCHEME
Yep just as Derek has said the first interview is hopeless... the next 5 or 6 will be fine.. My Pathways to work interviews were run by the Royal British Legion people.. It was a pleasure to go there really the lovely lady I had realised I couldn't work anymore so we used to have a good old chinwag about nothing in particular.. I now seemed to be parked which is fine with me..

• rab1000
  • Topic Author
13 years 5 months ago #36109 by rab1000
Replied by rab1000 on topic Re:ESA
I went straight on to ESA after six months on JSA. Struggled for 18 years in "contract" jobs but always had my "contract" terminated because of unacceptable sick record. Last two years have not been able to work because of work environment stress. I keep getting told my medical records are not important!!

More
13 years 5 months ago #36112 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:ESA
I think the best advice as Derek says is to refer to the document entitled "Knowing your rights at Pathways to Work Interviews" in the work resources area HERE.

Are you in receipt of DLA because of your medical condition? If not, it may be worth making a claim for the allowance.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.