× Members

Just got a copy of my atos medical for dla

• Justin
  • Topic Author
13 years 4 months ago #37009 by Justin
Well i have for the last 2 hours been trying to read what he has put :blush: How anyone can read it i will never know :angry:

Talk about Lying or should i put not being correct with the information given it has got me soo mad :angry:

I rang DWP to put a complaint in straight away (The 1st thing they said to me it was nothing to do with them ?) I at that point asked if they was happy to make a decision of a report which is full off mistakes ??.
She said she will email a certain department and get back in contact with me :dry:

So my question is has any had this happen and what fight have i got on my hands ??

I have made an appointment with my C.P.N and Doctor to discuss my health issue's and see if i can get a letter sent to them, I had already sent them a copy about the wetroom being built.

thank you for any infomation or advice in advance Justin

I don't want to much into it but here is a few point:

1, He said i have no problems having a bath or shower...

FACT

I am just waiting for them to start building a wetroom as after an assesment i was told that i needed 1 and a bath was NOT safe

2,I have no trouble getting up the stairs

FACT

I have had to have my hand rail reinforced as when my legs gave way the hand rail came away from the wall with me :ohmy:

3, I can walk 400m in 6 mins ????

Fact

I have constant pain in my legs and also use my stick i do have falls and the last 1 knock me out so i always go out with someone and I can't remember when i walked 400m.

And i won't even go the with my MH issue's

Just to let you know i have Ostio Arthritis of both knee's and hips and also 1 of my elbow joints :dry:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Survivor
13 years 4 months ago #37014 by Survivor
Replied by Survivor on topic Re: Just got a copy of my atos medical for dla
Has the DWP made a decision yet? If they have, you could appeal and/or ask them to review their decision. There would be nothing to stop you sending in more evidence at this stage, whether or not they have made a decision.

• Justin
  • Topic Author
13 years 4 months ago #37019 by Justin
What happend is that i had a medical in August and they wrote to me saying everything was ok.
But when i renewed my DLA they said i was no longer intitled to it going on the Atos report, I ask for a copy which is what i recieved today :angry: I was rung last friday to tell me that they sent the report out then they would ring me to discuss the decision :dry: I ask them if i had to put an appeal in now and they said no they will discuss the 1st decision with me then I can tell them what i think isn't right on the report (would help if i could read it !!!) then they will have a another look at it then if i need to i could put an appeal in after that decision if needed :dry:

As i have said thank you for any information/advice in advance

More
13 years 4 months ago #37038 by Derek4
Hi Justin

Is the medical report a DLA report or an ESA85 report that they used to review your DLA?

When you said they wrote to you saying everything was OK, can you expand briefly on what the letter said?

Derek

• Justin
  • Topic Author
13 years 4 months ago #37050 by Justin
Yes it was a DLA medical examination by an independant doctor.

They didn't say anything about my renewal form i sent back to them ??

My Letter said following the information I gave them in my form and the information they had that i was intitled to My care and Motorbility components.

But now they are saying that going on what the doctors has said that i am not intitled to anything.

But they said that I can discuss the report with them on the telehone and then i can put across what i think is wrong with the report.

My point is he hasn't listen to anything me or my wife has said he just wrote what he wanted.... or that what it seems :angry:

I know i outthe points above in my 1st post but it's just like what my wife said " My physio stopped and they said after they started my injections there was nothing more they could do for me my joint are k******d " I was upset as i thought they would carry on helping me.

As my G.P says i will have to have the operations on my knee's and hips but i'm too young.

Thank you for taking the time to try and help me and for any information you can provide
cheers Justin

More
13 years 4 months ago #37051 by Steve Donnison
Replied by Steve Donnison on topic Re:Just got a copy of my atos medical for dla
Hi Justin,

Take a look at our guide to DLA appeals and consider putting in an appeal straight away, as the decision maker will do a reconsideration as part of the appeal process.

I'm still a bit confused about what happened.

If you had your DLA renewed then there would be no reason for a medical after that. It sound more like it was a medical for incapacity benefit which was then used to look again at your DLA award.

But whatever the reason, if your DLA has been stopped entirely then going straight to appeal is generally the best course of action.

Good luck,

Steve

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.