× Members

Work and payroll issues

More
13 years 4 months ago #37318 by lollo
Work and payroll issues was created by lollo
This is a bit complicated so bare with me.

I am a nurse in the NHS. I have been off sick a lot in th elast 5 years since my diagnosis of MS. I went off sick in April this year. We get 6 months full pay and 6 months half pay. because my sickness was in the same 12 month period as my sickness last year it meant that i wouldn't get the full 6 months of full pay.

In June i was informed via HR that half pay would start on 3/7/10 and no pay on 1/1/11. So i was able to plan to complete the ill health retirement forms in September so that it should start (if i get it) when my pay finishes.

Firstly, HR failed to get the fiorms untill i reminded them several times so forms were only completed end of October and occ health still have them now.

Roll on October 28th and pay date. Got paid very badly. Turns out they emailed my manager the same day to let her know that after recalculating my sick pay, i should have gone on to half pay in May and no pay in November. Add to this they have overpaid me, they will be taking this money back in Novemeber.

So my retirement forms will not even be with the people they need to be with untill my pay has finished! No money for me now for Christmas at all.

I was sent 4 copies of the SSP1 form stating that my SSP would end on 3/10/10. I put of doing anything about it and then payroll told me the date might not be accurate so when i apllied for ESA i told them the date might change on the SSP1 so they said to just start the claim from the date i called. I have now been informed that SSP ended 16/06/10 and they will claim back any paid after that date!!!!! Can i backdate my ESA claim now i already have a start date??? HR never call me back like they say they will. It has taken 4 weeks since i realised and they still don't know what's going on but they are still looking into it!

Please, any help gratefully received. I have involved my union who are slow to get back to me!!!

Sorry it is so long!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #37320 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Work and payroll issues
lollo

You can backdate an ESA claim by up to three months from the date you originally make the claim, at which time, you must state that you want it backdated.

In addition, you must be able to show that you were eligible for the benefit from the backdated date.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• originaldave
13 years 4 months ago #37321 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:Work and payroll issues
lollo wrote:

I am a nurse in the NHS. I have been off sick a lot in th elast 5 years since my diagnosis of MS. I went off sick in April this year. We get 6 months full pay and 6 months half pay. because my sickness was in the same 12 month period as my sickness last year it meant that i wouldn't get the full 6 months of full pay.

In June i was informed via HR that half pay would start on 3/7/10 and no pay on 1/1/11. So i was able to plan to complete the ill health retirement forms in September so that it should start (if i get it) when my pay finishes.

Firstly, HR failed to get the fiorms untill i reminded them several times so forms were only completed end of October and occ health still have them now.

Roll on October 28th and pay date. Got paid very badly. Turns out they emailed my manager the same day to let her know that after recalculating my sick pay, i should have gone on to half pay in May and no pay in November. Add to this they have overpaid me, they will be taking this money back in Novemeber.

So my retirement forms will not even be with the people they need to be with untill my pay has finished! No money for me now for Christmas at all.

I was sent 4 copies of the SSP1 form stating that my SSP would end on 3/10/10. I put of doing anything about it and then payroll told me the date might not be accurate so when i apllied for ESA i told them the date might change on the SSP1 so they said to just start the claim from the date i called. I have now been informed that SSP ended 16/06/10 and they will claim back any paid after that date!!!!! Can i backdate my ESA claim now i already have a start date??? HR never call me back like they say they will. It has taken 4 weeks since i realised and they still don't know what's going on but they are still looking into it!

Please, any help gratefully received. I have involved my union who are slow to get back to me!!!

Sorry it is so long!

any feelings of not getting mad with them, have to go out the window call HR and as to speak to the director of the department... and contact your union too, you are one of a couple of 1000 people who work for the trust ... crack the whip and let them know you want it sorted, you have enough health problems todeal with, without dealing with people not doin the job they are paid to do.

More
13 years 4 months ago #37570 by mayflower
Replied by mayflower on topic Re:Work and payroll issues
Hello lollo
I do sympathise with your situation as my own is not too dissimilar re problems with pay, HR etc. I do hope your union is supporting you through this. Hang on in there & keep plugging away otherwise nothing will be done.
maggie

More
13 years 4 months ago #37585 by Jeff1
Replied by Jeff1 on topic Re:Work and payroll issues
Hi Lollo, I am of the same mind of maggie, have you got your union involved? Best Wishes

• Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
More
13 years 4 months ago #37598 by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
Replied by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law) on topic Re:Work and payroll issues
lollo wrote:

Sorry it is so long!

Hi Lollo

Is your employer retiring you on ill-health grounds ? If so you should get your NHS pension when you retire and also a lump sum based upon how many years service you've had.

Jim

PLEASE READ THE SPOTLIGHTS AREA OF THE FORUM REGULARLY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.