× Members

Can a Claim for Dla trigger an ib medical?

More
13 years 4 months ago #38004 by j112009
Hello, I am due to complete and return a dla claim form but am now worried that by claiming dla it may trigger an incapacity medical. I am in the exempt group for pca at the moment but as we know this can change. My last IB50 was in 2007 and i was told over the phone that everyone has to have pca at least every 5 years.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pete17971
13 years 4 months ago #38005 by pete17971
Replied by pete17971 on topic Re:Can a Claim for Dla trigger an ib medical?
j112009 wrote:

Hello, I am due to complete and return a dla claim form but am now worried that by claiming dla it may trigger an incapacity medical. I am in the exempt group for pca at the moment but as we know this can change. My last IB50 was in 2007 and i was told over the phone that everyone has to have pca at least every 5 years.

Thanks.

Hi,

Claiming DLA should not trigger an Incapacity Benefit PCA (medical). They (IB and DLA) are two seperate benefits and as you say, you are exempt the PCA anyway.

Pete

• originaldave
13 years 4 months ago #38019 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:Can a Claim for Dla trigger an ib medical?
j112009 wrote:

Thanks.

The chance of it triggering a medical are slim as they are hard pushed to give medicals to them who should have had them last year. I have heard of IB triggering a DLA review but not often.

as for being told that you have to have a pca every 5 years i went 11 had one then a few weeks later sent the paper work for being exempt and that came back saying no need for another unless I stopped meeting the rules for being exempt

More
13 years 4 months ago #38085 by j112009
Replied by j112009 on topic Re:Can a Claim for Dla trigger an ib medical?
I don't now think that I'm exempt as have found the DWP letter from 2007 and it says I have met the threshold of incapacity because I suffer from one of the certain disabilites or severe illnesses and do not have to undergo the assessment. This may sound like a stupid question but is that the same as being exempt?

Thanks again.

• originaldave
13 years 4 months ago #38094 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:Can a Claim for Dla trigger an ib medical?
j112009 wrote:

I don't now think that I'm exempt as have found the DWP letter from 2007 and it says I have met the threshold of incapacity because I suffer from one of the certain disabilites or severe illnesses and do not have to undergo the assessment. This may sound like a stupid question but is that the same as being exempt?

Thanks again.

In the real world yes.... in DWP speak I would not like to say :)

• Rosered
13 years 4 months ago #38142 by Rosered
Replied by Rosered on topic Re:Can a Claim for Dla trigger an ib medical?
If you are pca exempt does it not depend on you receiving higher rate care for DLA.

If you have a renewal DLA and find that you do not get the higher rate care this time round as they are being tougher about who gets it. Then will this not trigger an examination/interview as they will now say you are no longer pca exempt.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.