× Members

30 points but still put into work related group

• tectuspete
  • Topic Author
13 years 2 months ago #43329 by tectuspete
i was given 30 points on my medical and decision makers scoresheet .
i have coranary heart deseas? paroxmal atrial fibrelation/ angina/type 2 diabetes/high bloodpressure and just to top it all ostoarthritus in thr right knee which is affecting other knee and hips [yes i am still breathing lol].but because ive had stents fitted to my heart[but only 2 out of the four they said they were going to do]I will have to waite 12 months befor they can give me a total knee replacement.i have to waite 12 months because of the drugs i have to take to keep my blood thined the NURSE that did my medical seems to think that my heart problems will be sorted out by then i wonder where she got that information from as i havnt been told that by my consultants, oh by the way all my heart conditions were writen down as a heart problem. \
Gess what im going to apeal any suggestions.
Im a 59 year old male [60 befor i could go for my knee replacement.].
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 2 months ago #43335 by Gordon
tectuspete

Whilst it is very unusual to score 30 points and not be placed in the Support Group, it is not impossible. For example, scoring 6 points on 5 tests, would not meet the requirements.

In order to be placed in the SG, you need to demonstrate you meet one or more of the criteria, these are listed on page 25 of the Understanding ESA document in the Members area.

If you feel you meet one or more of these, then you can appeal the Decision. You have 4 weeks to do so from the date of Decision, however, you need to be aware that doing so can result in a full review of your case, so you should seek face to face advice from your local CAB or Welfare Rights Officer, before making a decision.

Hope this explains it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
  • originaldave
13 years 2 months ago #43341 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:30 points but still put into work related group
tectuspete wrote:

i was given 30 points on my medical and decision makers scoresheet .
i have coranary heart deseas? paroxmal atrial fibrelation/ angina/type 2 diabetes/high bloodpressure and just to top it all ostoarthritus in thr right knee which is affecting other knee and hips [yes i am still breathing lol].but because ive had stents fitted to my heart[but only 2 out of the four they said they were going to do]I will have to waite 12 months befor they can give me a total knee replacement.i have to waite 12 months because of the drugs i have to take to keep my blood thined the NURSE that did my medical seems to think that my heart problems will be sorted out by then i wonder where she got that information from as i havnt been told that by my consultants, oh by the way all my heart conditions were writen down as a heart problem. \
Gess what im going to apeal any suggestions.
Im a 59 year old male [60 befor i could go for my knee replacement.].

the top heart problem can in most cases be sorted with drugs even reveresed

angina/type 2 diabe is stable in most cases ...

no idea why 12 months need for op because of blood thinners you should just stop taking them for 3 days before op and might be given extra after op in case of DVT
  • Graham
13 years 2 months ago #43345 by Graham
If one was being cynical one could almost imagine DWP putting as many as possible in the WRAG so that after one year they move them onto income based benefits. As if??
More
13 years 2 months ago #43414 by micksville
No surgeon will touch you if you have had a DVT oe have been on warfarin - there is a minimum of 12 months after anti coagulants due to the possibility of DVT. I had a DVT above knee in may last year and was on warfarin for six months. I finished in December but have just been diagnosed with a second DVT in the other leg and last wek was placed on warfarin for life. I have to see my GP to ascertain whetehr my proposed knee replacement can ever go ahead.After the first DVT my GP said no consultant would touch me for a year minimum as there was a good chance I would die on his operating table. In ietehr case you cant just stop warfarin for afew days before an operation.
  • originaldave
13 years 2 months ago #43427 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:30 points but still put into work related group
micksville wrote:

No surgeon will touch you if you have had a DVT oe have been on warfarin - there is a minimum of 12 months after anti coagulants due to the possibility of DVT. I had a DVT above knee in may last year and was on warfarin for six months. I finished in December but have just been diagnosed with a second DVT in the other leg and last wek was placed on warfarin for life. I have to see my GP to ascertain whetehr my proposed knee replacement can ever go ahead.After the first DVT my GP said no consultant would touch me for a year minimum as there was a good chance I would die on his operating table. In ietehr case you cant just stop warfarin for afew days before an operation.

rubbish many people have ops after dvts and sometimes because of the rush they cant stop the warfin or cleaxane in advance there are special ways of doing it have a look at NICE web site

your GP is right to be worried as it carries greater risk but often the op is needed in fact some tests can cause clots

there is a 1 in 4 chance after a blood clot like a DVT that any operation or test can cause another dvt with all the risks of having a clot

in fact if your going to have another op they sometimes give extra thinners do the op then give something to help the blood clot again but not enough to cause a clot

ps I am an expert on blood clotting :) and happy to give you my cv on it ;)

pps you say you where given warfin did no one or yourself inject clexane for a week or two into your belly ?

ppps what inr do you aim for ?
Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.