× Members

Work focused interview, compulsory.

More
13 years 2 months ago #44751 by Sweetney
Work focused interview, compulsory. was created by Sweetney
I claim Incapacity, Dla and income support and I have been on them for years, when I first claimed benefits these interviews didnt exsist and when I was asked to attend one 6 years ago I phoned them and told them I wasnt fit for work and they cancelled it.

But last week I got one of these phoned up to get it cncelled and was told its compulsory even though my circumstances haven't changed.

I am still under psychiatric services and still physically disabled and have a neurological condition that means I will never get any better just worse.

I managed to get it delayed to the 18th of Feb instead as I was having surgery the day before the appoiontment and couldnt attend and I have arranged for my cpn to come with me and my carer.

I dont know anything about this process and having looked on tthe forums I cant find a post about anyone that has been forced to attend.

Help?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #44763 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:Work focused interview, compulsory.
Hi Kate

The interviews are compulsory and you have to assist the advisor to create an 'action plan' to avoid loss of benefit. If you are on Incapacity Benefit or Income Support due to sickness you are not required to carry out the action plan or attend any activities advised, unlike ESA where they can be mandatory. It may also be possible to have the interviews waived or deferred if they are of no benefit to you.

Good luck

Derek

• Survivor
13 years 2 months ago #44765 by Survivor
Replied by Survivor on topic Re: Work focused interview, compulsory.
If you are on IB, you can get the interview either deferred or waived. Off the top of my head, if the decision maker doesn't waive it, you can't appeal that decision but you can appeal the imposition of any sanctions for failing to attend.

Maybe one of my fellow mods would have an authority for that or could confirm it.

Once you are migrated to ESA, if you are put in the work related activity group, you will be able to get the interviews deferred but not waived.

• Survivor
13 years 2 months ago #44767 by Survivor
Replied by Survivor on topic Re: Work focused interview, compulsory.
Cross-posted.

More
13 years 2 months ago #44771 by Sweetney
Replied by Sweetney on topic Re:Work focused interview, compulsory.
I am on them because I am sick, I am exempt from the PCA because of my condtitions and I am classed as a vulnerable adult. I am unable to work because of my illness.

More
13 years 2 months ago #44778 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:Work focused interview, compulsory.
The rules for Income Support due to sickness are much the same as IB with regards to the PCA and WFIs. At least for now you have the luxury of not having to carry out any activities even if the interview itself is mandatory.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.