× Members

i won my appeal today for esa what happens now

• TraceyB
13 years 3 weeks ago #52903 by TraceyB
Replied by TraceyB on topic Re: ESA Capability Assessment
Hello

I have my ESA Medical next Friday, I suffer from Chronic Tenosynivitis in my right hand/arm and have done for 10 years. I know suffer with the same in my left hand/arm. Over the last 3 years i have been suffering with upper body pain and the last 18 months specific points of pain in my legs and back as well. I am in receipt of DLA lowest care component and put in for a change of circumstances 12 months ago as I thought the problem was to do with my Chronic Tenosynivitis. I was refused an increase but kept the same award. I appealed and lost the appeal on the grounds that although DWP admitted i was in pain they couldnt relate that to my Tenosynivitis. Anway, I have now been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia that has given a reason the last 3 years suffering... Work has not finished me on the grounds that i could not sustain a satisfactory level of attendance..... I have my ESA Medical next friday and would really appreciate your help?

Regards

Tracey

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #52971 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re: ESA Capability Assessment
Information is available to assist with your ESA medical assessment in the guides contained in the ESA resources area HERE.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• TraceyB
13 years 3 weeks ago #53073 by TraceyB
Can I have some advice from you please? i have mine this friday?

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #53078 by Gordon
Tracey

First thing is take someone with you. You are entitled to have someone with you during the interview. If they are able to, get them to take some notes, about what happens and what is said.

Tell the truth, I am sure you will, but sometimes under pressure, people can be tempted to answer with what they think the questioner wants rather than what they need to say.

Know what you have written on the ESA50 and how those answers relate to the ESA tests.

Think before you answer, even innocent sounding questions can allow the Doctor/nurse (HCP), to make assumptions. For example, "How did you get here today?" answer "I drove", would immediately make the HCP think that you have the use of both hands.

Don't panic :)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #53118 by lulu
So very happy for you Gordon, well done xxx

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.