× Members

work focussed interview

More
13 years 1 month ago #48336 by lostinwales
work focussed interview was created by lostinwales
Hi. This is my first post. I have been on IB since feb 2007.
I had a work focussed interview today at the job center.
The advisor said something about my being on IB after a cut off date and so I was now on ESA? (i am not 100% sure what she said) and that I now have to go to a 'provider' Pathways To Work for five mandatory interviews.
She also said she was unsure of when I would be contacted as 'things have changed since yesterday'
I had a medical in 2008 by the DWP and I still don't think (feel) as if I can do work and I am concerned about these interviews I now have to attend.
I am wondering if anyone has any experience of what to expect.
thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Survivor
13 years 1 month ago #48339 by Survivor
Replied by Survivor on topic Re: work focussed interview
I think the adviser may be confused about the IB/ESA thing. People on IB are being migrated to ESA and this has started in Aberdeen and Burley but not elsewhere. If you had been moved to ESA, you would know.

However, most people on IB do now have to do work focussed interviews. There are some exceptions and I'll try and find a link to these later, unless someone gets there before me. (We were asked the same question yesterday.) It is possible to get the WFIs waived or deferred.

If anyone reading this is on ESA, WFIs for people on ESA can only be deferred not waived.

We have a guide to WFIs in the Help for Claimants area of the site.

More
13 years 1 month ago #48346 by lostinwales
Replied by lostinwales on topic Re: work focussed interview
Thanks for the prompt reply.
I have read the wfi guide and it says that it is unusual for it to be waived.
My main concern now is worrying about being pushed onto a path that I dont want to go on... that is pathways to work and being coerced into something I cant cope with.

• Graham
13 years 1 month ago #48394 by Graham
Replied by Graham on topic Re: work focussed interview
I'm on IB and have been summoned for my FIRST EVER WFI next Friday. Last time (2007) I phoned them and told them my illness and they said don't bother with the interview. I'll be calling them next week again and see if their view / position has changed. I get the feeling that this has something to do with a pre-ESA migration (call me cynical) as my IB review was scheduled for Dec 2010.

Why does that brown envelope make one so ill when it hits the mat???

More
13 years 1 month ago #48432 by hassled mum
Replied by hassled mum on topic Re: work focussed interview
I went for a Pathways interview last week (I am in the WRAG on ESA) the first of five, the man was really nice, looked at my medical issues and told me he would not be looking at any training or "back to work" stuff and to concentrate on my health problems.However as a condition of WRAG I still have to meet with him four more times, I asked if we could do this over the phone! but unfortunately I have to sign a sheet on each visit, he was very accomodating and said if I was not well enough to attend, to phone him and re arrange a date.I asked what happens after the five interviews and he shrugged his shoulders saying well thats all you have to do to comply with ESA benefit!

More
13 years 1 month ago #48681 by lostinwales
Replied by lostinwales on topic Re: work focussed interview
thanks for the replies.
guess I find it starnge that I am being made to go to these 'interviews' all of a sudden and I wondered if this was unusual.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.