× Members

Phone call from DWP

• fibrofog
  • Topic Author
13 years 1 month ago #48616 by fibrofog
Phone call from DWP was created by fibrofog
I received a telephone call from the DWP this morning re a new claim and am assuming it was re my recent DLA claim, I said it wasn't convenient to talk, can anyone help me prepare for this call-what so they ask? Any questions I should be wary of? I haven't ever been in this position before and don't want to muck things up for myself.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #48618 by Gareth56
Replied by Gareth56 on topic Re:Phone call from DWP
It's very difficult to preempt what the DWP will ask anyone regarding their claim without access to your case papers but have you checked out the DLA resources in the Members Section, there's a plethora of information there?

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Survivor
13 years 1 month ago #48619 by Survivor
Replied by Survivor on topic Re: Phone call from DWP
I think you should always be wary of calls from the DWP. Could you arrange for them to call at a specific time and have someone with you? You could put your phone on speakerphone so you could both hear what's being asked.

But better still, unless you feel confident talking on the phone, seriously consider asking them to deal with the matter in writing.

• fibrofog
  • Topic Author
13 years 1 month ago #48627 by fibrofog
Replied by fibrofog on topic Re: Phone call from DWP
That is what I was thinking of doing. They should have called back by now and haven't, probably wait until morning now. I will explain that due to my condition and my medication then I cannot think coherently and have memory problems therefore need to take my time to fully understand any questions and reply properly which can't be achieved over the phone but I could do this in writing, can't see them having a problem with that and if they do then tough, it's too important to be rushed.

• originaldave
13 years 1 month ago #48631 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re: Phone call from DWP
fibrofog wrote:

That is what I was thinking of doing. They should have called back by now and haven't, probably wait until morning now. I will explain that due to my condition and my medication then I cannot think coherently and have memory problems therefore need to take my time to fully understand any questions and reply properly which can't be achieved over the phone but I could do this in writing, can't see them having a problem with that and if they do then tough, it's too important to be rushed.

I too take medication that means its better to talk on the phone in the morning, It was on my last IB50 form and on my DLA form too... someone some where must have made a note of it because one of the few calls I have had from them was about 12:00 and they asked if it was ok for me to talk or would I lkie them to call back at 9:30 the next day :)

• fibrofog
  • Topic Author
13 years 1 month ago #48636 by fibrofog
Replied by fibrofog on topic Re: Phone call from DWP
Can you remember what sort of questions they asked Dave, it was a bit of a shock them phoning me out of the blue like that. I have scanned my application and been looking over it, nothing was missed out I answered all of the questions so not sure what else they can be looking for. I did say I was going to see my GP in Jan for a review of my medication, which I have and it has been changed. That I would not mind clarifying but if they want to discuss anything else in detail I would need time to answer and writing to me for that information would be the best way for me to answer properly

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.