× Members

Now what

• C.J
  • Topic Author
13 years 1 month ago #48687 by C.J
Now what was created by C.J
What do I do if I get E.S.A form and I fill it in, as Im going to have Operation within next 6 months, removal of Cochlear Implant :-( :-( yes talk about stress, it didnt work, as its causing infections etc. Say I get form and then Im called for medical, would I Lose out by not going say?

Or do they have a heart and leave it til Im recovered? Its going to take a long time to recover over having Implant removed let alone op itself...

ok many thanks..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• kathy1
13 years 1 month ago #48696 by kathy1
Replied by kathy1 on topic Re:Now what
Hi CJ,

Dont want to dampen your spirits BUT..... My hubby was out of work ill and waiting on an operation which he had in March '10. He had to attend 6 work focussed interviews, 3 of which were prior to his operation.

One of his problems was that he could bearly sit and even though this was very evident at his medical and fully accepted by the medical examiner he still had to attend the WFI's (never been out of work in 30 odd years). In fact the medical examiner cut short his medical because his blood pressure was 190/90.

So whether or not they will leave you until you have recovered is debatable. But good luck anyway

Kathy

• originaldave
13 years 1 month ago #48703 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:Now what
kathy1 wrote:

Hi CJ,

Dont want to dampen your spirits BUT..... My hubby was out of work ill and waiting on an operation which he had in March '10. He had to attend 6 work focussed interviews, 3 of which were prior to his operation.

One of his problems was that he could bearly sit and even though this was very evident at his medical and fully accepted by the medical examiner he still had to attend the WFI's (never been out of work in 30 odd years). In fact the medical examiner cut short his medical because his blood pressure was 190/90.

So whether or not they will leave you until you have recovered is debatable. But good luck anyway

Kathy

good point and an op thats often done as outpatient these days is not going to carry much weight with atos/dwp

bet they will claim 4 to 6 weeks recovery time

• C.J
  • Topic Author
13 years 1 month ago #48737 by C.J
Replied by C.J on topic Re:Now what
Hi

If you knew my hospital record i.e averages 2 operations a year since birth, and complications with Cochlear implant in 1st place, you would understand its not outpatient procedure for me, I will be in for same time as when I had Implant that will be 7 days, I have many complications since abscess on the brain..

But hey what will be will be, last time job centre plus said we dont speech to text reporters when I asked for 1..Then they found out I was having op this was a year ago, they said to my wife we will leave it,I really wanted that interview but THEY refused... I know things have changed. But what will be will be.I havent even had E.S.A form yet..YET

• C.J
  • Topic Author
13 years 1 month ago #48738 by C.J
Replied by C.J on topic Re:Now what
Hi Kathy

And thanks for reply, it didnt dampten my spirits, I know they not nice out there with cuts etc, but I believe if you have Real problems then why worry, battle it til the end. I just hope they do look at my medical records instead of staring at me. I have a few problems as regards health but hey ho. And now this 1 has added stress I was hoping to hear my grandchildren after Cochlear implant, but answer is NO :-(

Thats why I said do they have a heart, I suspect they DONT Kathy..Hope your hubby has good day and feels a wee better whatever his problems...

• originaldave
13 years 1 month ago #48748 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:Now what
C.J wrote:

Hi

If you knew my hospital record i.e averages 2 operations a year since birth, and complications with Cochlear implant in 1st place, you would understand its not outpatient procedure for me, I will be in for same time as when I had Implant that will be 7 days, I have many complications since abscess on the brain..

But hey what will be will be, last time job centre plus said we dont speech to text reporters when I asked for 1..Then they found out I was having op this was a year ago, they said to my wife we will leave it,I really wanted that interview but THEY refused... I know things have changed. But what will be will be.I havent even had E.S.A form yet..YET

even I can tell its not going to be a day case based on the fact you said about infection... what I was trying to say but did not get it across is thats what atos will think as thats the norm you will have to really push hard to explain your not going to be the normal day case

that said if they can do you early in the day and you can leave, because if you get infections at the drop of a hat the last place you want to be is on a hospital ward :)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.