× Members

ESA. Have I been cut off? Help!

More
13 years 2 months ago #48817 by Fizz
ESA. Have I been cut off? Help! was created by Fizz
I had my Atos medical 4 weeks ago. I was previously in the support group.

I have had one payment since the medical. I just checked my account today and for the first time ever (I have been claiming for just over a year) my payment has not been made on time.

DO you think I have been cut off???

I have not received any letters since the medical.

Many thanks for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #48819 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:ESA. Have I been cut off? Help!
Fizz

It would be unusual, but I guess, not impossible to go from the Support Group to Fit for work.

There's no point trying to second guess what they have or have not done, you need to phone your local DWP office and ask what is going on.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
13 years 2 months ago #48825 by Fizz
Replied by Fizz on topic Re:ESA. Have I been cut off? Help!
Hi there,

I have called them and they said they dont know why I was not paid but will look into it and call back.

I was just wondering whether anyone else has just been cut off without any letters etc. The timing (i.e. after medical) is suspicious for payment to stop. Very stressful!

Many thanks

More
13 years 2 months ago #48862 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:ESA. Have I been cut off? Help!
Hi Fizz

It's not unusual for payments to be delayed by administration errors. It's more common with JSA where the payments are not automatic and have to be manually entered after the claimant has signed on, but it could happen with ESA as well.

Hopefully it's just an admin error. I would have expected them to have told you when you called if payments were stopped as a result of the medical.

Good luck

Derek

More
13 years 2 months ago #48873 by Judy
Replied by Judy on topic Re:ESA. Have I been cut off? Help!
Sorry to jump in here... I didn't know you had a medical if you were already in the support group? I thought you didn't have to have one.

More
13 years 2 months ago #48880 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:ESA. Have I been cut off? Help!
Hi Judy

You don't escape ATOS that easily. I think people in the support group are less frequently reassessed, depending on their condition. But they do still get summoned to a medical examination.

Derek

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.