× Members

ESA Medical Report and a DLA claim Question

• Coffee
  • Topic Author
13 years 1 month ago #49012 by Coffee
I went for my medical about 3 weeks ago and got my result (support group) last week.

However just out of curiosity I wanted to see how many points I scored at the medical so I requested my report. This has now arrived.

However it does not give the number of points. Just wondered if there is an easy way of finding this out?

I have also recently had to post off a claim form to renew my DLA claim (although I have not heard anything to confirm they have got it yet). I am currently on lower rate care and mobility, I think that parts of the report would help to support my renewal claim, am I able to send off more supporting evidence even though the form has already been sent? If so should I send them a copy of the ESA report with the relevant parts highlighted?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #49021 by Gordon
Coffee

It is unlikely that there will be a points total on your medical report as entry to the Support Group is the result of you neeting one or more of the relevant criteria.

There should be an indication of which criteria you have met, but based on previous questions on this matter, this often appear to missing.

The DWP regularly use unsuccessful ESA assessments to change DLA entitlements, so there is no reason why you should not do the opposite. Bear in mind that that only a few of the ESA tests overlap with DLA, so you should concentrate on these.

Hope this helps

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
13 years 1 month ago #49039 by pikelet
There were no points totals on either of my WCA medical reports, one from 2009 and one this year. I've just rung the DWP and asked for this info.

Second report very short, only said what I could do, including this gem:

The ESA50 does not suggest that the client's mental health problem severely affects lower limb function.

best!
pikelet

More
13 years 1 month ago #49047 by cmarie510
Replied by cmarie510 on topic Re:ESA Medical Report and a DLA claim Question
What??!! The DWP can adjust your DLA award??!! It makes me not want to bother with ESA if it means they can do this?

very discouraged, cmarie510

More
13 years 1 month ago #49052 by Derek4
Hi Coffee

Please see my reply to the same question here .

Regards

Derek

• Coffee
  • Topic Author
13 years 1 month ago #49060 by Coffee
Thank you for your replies.

I am very sorry I missed your previous post Derek.

Added it up and got 54 points. I was quite impressed with the condition history and typical day section, it seemed like she was listening and took note of what was said.

Lots of bits I got no points for that I feel I probably should have done (and a couple of the 0 points sections I think would have helped my DLA claim), but still better than the 0 I was expecting.

In the support group section on the report it talks about my mental health being unstable, and that I would present a significant risk to myself should I undertake work or work related activity.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.