× Members

What income does one need to declare for IB (C)

• Graham
  • Topic Author
13 years 1 month ago #49053 by Graham
Hi
I received the other day a note of the IB increases. I noticed that in it it says to let them know about Pensions and PHI payments. Does one need to tell them about a Pension if it is below the amount they stipulated?

As for PHI is this only PHI plans that were effected by an employer? What about a personal one that a person has? I have a private plan - should I have told them about that?

I have an interview (the first for 3 years) on Friday so was wondering what information they will be asking for and I should give them.

Thanks

Graham

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #49071 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:What income does one need to declare for IB (C)
All pensions of any description should always be reported to the DWP when making a claim for benefits.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• originaldave
13 years 1 month ago #49072 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:What income does one need to declare for IB (C)
Crazydiamond wrote:

All pensions of any description should always be reported to the DWP when making a claim for benefits.

I thought you only had to tell them if your a post 95 claiment .. last IB50 I had said something about that as does the tax credits forms

• Graham
  • Topic Author
13 years 1 month ago #49079 by Graham
Is that a question on the IB50 form? If so then I would have mentioned it phewww. I must keep photocopies in future.

What about a private PHI income?

More
13 years 1 month ago #49083 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:What income does one need to declare for IB (C)
It does indeed depend on when you commenced receiving IB.

The current instructions as defined in IB form BF 1014 (2011 print), are that the pension income rules do not apply if:-

(1) A claimant receives the DLA care component at the highest rate.

(2) The IB entitlement began prior to 6 April 2001.

(3) A current IB claim links to a claim made before April 2001.

However, notwithstanding the above instructions it is always wise to declare any income, whether or not it may be counted. If not, at least you will then have written notification from the DWP to that effect.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• originaldave
13 years 1 month ago #49131 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:What income does one need to declare for IB (C)
Crazydiamond wrote:

It does indeed depend on when you commenced receiving IB.

The current instructions as defined in IB form BF1014 (2011 print), are that the pension income rules do not apply if:-

(1) A claimant receives the DLA care component at the highest rate.

(2) The IB entitlement began prior to 6 April 2001.

(3) A current IB claim links to a claim made before April 2001.

However, notwithstanding the above instructions it is always wise to declare any income, whether or not it may be counted. If not, at least you will then have written notification from the DWP to that effect.

I have 1995 in my head as a special year for IB too. but its not mentioned in your post what was special about pre 95 IB ? was that the tax free year ?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.