× Members

help atos medical cos malicious neibour s not disa

• bluebellgirl
  • Topic Author
13 years 1 month ago #49543 by bluebellgirl
hi guys, I really need some help and advice,

ive been being harrassed, stalked and verbally abused by my neighbour who shares a hallway with me since may last year.

I broke my foot 3 times and was in a cast for months and had to get carers in twice a day,9 which i still have and pay for out of my dla) and my neighbour turned on me as he was deluded that he was my carer and i had rejected him and he broke my lock and came into my flat last summer and told me he would make me pay for his perceived rejection and also his friend had died and he told me i would pay for his pain too. he came on to me( hes in 60s im in 30s) and said he wanted to be my boyfriend and my daddy( really twisted) and becaame obsessed with me, and started stalking and harrassing me, lurking in the hall for 6 hoiurs a day and body blocks me from exiting my flat safely,he has harrassed my carers, friends etc and he assaulted me 3 weeks ago, but not charged for that or the harrassment as there were no witnesses as most of the abuse happens in the hallway( he also has ocd hoarding and he peridically hoards so severely in the hall that the day he assaulted me i had been trapped in my flat for days by him outside my door and all his stuff and couldnt get my paqin patches,, he is in a legalbattle over harding in the hall by the managing agent but he still does it.. he owns his flat and i rent but he doesnt own the hall)and the police didnt bother to take statements of the times he had harrassed others , so he has got away with putting me through so much trauma and sheer hell . the police wont take it as disabilty hate crimes because he gives me abuse saying that im nOT disabled so they wont procecute him for harrassment based on disability hatred.

But he became convinced that i m not disabled and ill and i have suffered so much verbal abuse from him .
he thinks that i cant be ill cos i can drive my motability car, and dosnt think i need carers.

anyway, he told DLA that i am falsly claiming and he is putting me through sheer hell, as i got a letter a few weeks ago that i was being investigated and i had to fill out a new dla form.
i' having a mental breakdown so i dont know what the form was like, but i sent in piles of photocopied consultant letters, diagnosises, etc, but today i got a letter saying they dont have enough evidence and i have to go to an astos medical on 15th march.

I',m terrified of it and that thery will take my dla away.
I've been getting high care high mobility for 9 years.
i have severe m.e/cfs, severe astgma(always on oral steroids and nebulisers)
premature menapause, auto immume hypothyroid with complications, menieres disease in my right ear, fibromyalgia, and been dx last year with osteo arthritis of spine , left foot and left hand(im left handed)
Also i faint and fall easily for the last year or so, and broke my foot 3 times last year(every time it was out of plaster i fainted and fell and rebroke it)
i had steroid injections in my foot arthritis 6 weeks ago and it has makde the pain so much worse and i can hardly put my big toe down.

I also have severe mental health probs, post traumatic stress disorder due to an abusive childhood, was brutally attacked to an inch of my life when i was 18 which is why i have the spine arthritis cos i was kicked in the back for ages, 9 im also having to have ageressive surgery on my nose in april which is linked to the porigonal attack, plus i had a nigh terror last jan about my abuse and woke up bashing my face against the wall thinkoing it was the door.. i have hypno pompic nighmres where my brain is still dreaming but my body is awake, hence the dangers of that)
borderline personality disorder where i self harm, have taken 5 suicide attempts since the harrassment started, i have bulimia, severe depression, and have had all mental health support cut off for 2 years so im hanging on by a thread.

i need advice as to the medical as im so scared, and im terrified of loosing my dla cos i would lose my motability car and carers, and im having such a breakdown i think i will fall appart.

i cant believe how malicious and evil my my neighbour is to have done this to me, i am bed bound appart from urgent missions in my motability car, my life is unberable as it is, im in constant agonising pain dispite being on high dose morphine [patches and i take 17 different meds a day for mental and physical illness, and i have a commode in my bedroom.
i'm desperate to move but am fighting to get rembanded to get a coucil place but im only band c.. i dont need this dla trauma when i have to dind a way to move from this psycho before he destroys me any more,.

please can someone give me advice. im so scared. sorry this is so long but my first post here.

thanks, bluebell.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Survivor
13 years 1 month ago #49545 by Survivor
Can you take someone with you to the medical and ensure that they are fully briefed about the requirements of DLA and what you want the doctor to know?

We only advise on benefits here, but on a personal note, are you sure it's worth waiting for rebanding to get a council place? Is there a housing association place or a privately rented place that would suit you? I moved because of appalling neighbours who harrassed me and didn't wait to get to the top of the council list and now I'm somewhere with lovely neighbours.

• bluebellgirl
  • Topic Author
13 years 1 month ago #49564 by bluebellgirl
hi and thanks for your reply, im sorry you had neighbour probs too.
my mind advocste cant come as he is not working til april , my anti victimisation worker has just dropped me as they dont deal with disability hate crimes any more and all the charities that used to deal with benefits advocacy have folded;(
i wish i could get another private let, but i don't have a deposit, no guarantor and i stupidly blew my credit card in sept-nov as i was breaking from the harrassment and wanted to have an antidote to trauma, so i paid for an online course and materials plus a laptop for being stuck in bed and im now facing insolvency, and also the town i love in the flats dont meet the amount of housing benefit they give and noone takes benefits now, so im stuck still fighting to be rebanded on council housing/ housing association lists.
thanks for your reply tho, bluebell :)ps sorry about bad typing, the arthritis in my hand makes typing hard!

• Survivor
13 years 1 month ago #49567 by Survivor
Again, not on the benefits, but on a personal note, when I moved, the estate agents said no benefits and I asked them to get in touch with the landlord and showed them my benefits letters and explained that with my total income, I wasn't dependent on my LHA, but could use my DLA. My landlord was a lot happier with relying on DLA than LHA, probably because he didn't understand benefits at all.

Good luck with your medical and for the future.

• originaldave
13 years 1 month ago #49570 by originaldave
I think you should contact your local council and ask if you can move even if its not a council property also I would contact CAB and see if you can take legal you stop your neighbour coming near you and also if you get an injunction give copies to the DLA unit in case its the same person who reported you, that said dont take it for granted they are the one who has reported you come be someone else

from what I have read on here and other forums the reporters are snidey little **** who do it on the sly

this person sounds too loud could be wrong

• bitplayer
13 years 1 month ago #49572 by bitplayer
ISBN 0-7382-0627-X

is useful if you know who they are...

Keeps records, if only a diary, report all threatening behaviour. They commit offences under the Protection from Harassment Act 1997

secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Stalking

check the UK section at the bottom for remedies, it should be possible to have a court order prepared, you should have a record of repeated behaviour: more than once.

good luck

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.