× Members

form filling

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #50982 by nicolesnin
form filling was created by nicolesnin
Hi I'm new here and need to find the info I read recently about filling an ESA form in for someone else. I can't find it anywhere. Also I read on the site something about dont fall into the *watching tv* trap. Could someone please point me to the original post or let me know the meaning of it. thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #50986 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:form filling
Linda

The ESA guides can be accessed by clicking on the "Help for Claimants" link in the Orange section on the left of the page, Then follow the "Employment and Support Allownace" link.

The "TV Trap" covers a number of the ESA tests, the HCP will make assumptions as to capabilities that might be at odds with the written statements made by a claimant. For example...

- Standing and sitting.
- Vision
- Memory and Concentration

Hope this helps

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #50995 by nicolesnin
Replied by nicolesnin on topic Re:form filling
thanks I found it, Does it mean that the person fills it in as if it were them or as if they're doing it for someone else? sorry to be a pain..

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #50999 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:form filling
It shouldn't make any difference but I think it's preferable to write it in first person, as though the claimant is writing it. Otherwise it may sound as though it's someone else's opinion rather than the claimant.

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #51003 by nicolesnin
Replied by nicolesnin on topic Re:form filling
thank you so much for your help. This is the 3rd one I've had to fill in, in 18 months. Is this the norm?.

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #51006 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:form filling
linda.brierley wrote:

thank you so much for your help. This is the 3rd one I've had to fill in, in 18 months. Is this the norm?.

Unfortunately, yes.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.