× Members

dla medical

• jacqueline snooks
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 1 week ago #51617 by jacqueline snooks
dla medical was created by jacqueline snooks
Hi,
i had a medical at home today for my dla,can i request a copy of the report the doctor made?and if so does anyone know how to go about it?Many thanks in advance for any help
Jackie.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 week ago #51618 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re: dla medical
Hi Jacqueline

You can request the report by phoning Jobcentreplus. I don't know about DLA, but for ESA they refuse to provide a copy until a decision on your claim has been made, so you may have to wait.

Regards

Derek

• originaldave
13 years 1 week ago #51621 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re: dla medical
DepressedDerek wrote:

Hi Jacqueline

You can request the report by phoning Jobcentreplus. I don't know about DLA, but for ESA they refuse to provide a copy until a decision on your claim has been made, so you may have to wait.

Regards

Derek

I thought you could only get hold of a dla medical if they dont give you an award and you then appeal and you get it in the bundle ?

More
13 years 1 week ago #51624 by carol48
Replied by carol48 on topic Re: dla medical
Hi, I requested one for my last medical and just had to phone the dla department that sent me for the medical, I have just had another medical, 9 months after the last and will be phoning same place for a copy of this one, which hopefully makes more sense than the last which looked as if it was about me on one page and someone else on the next, same sort of question, totally different answers on each page. ie walked 25 mtrs to examination room was in a lot of pain, then next page can walk in her opinion over 200 mtrs no problem., i have had the decision in writing in my favour but will still be phoning for copy of report. If you phone the number on top of the DLA letter saying they are sending you for the medical they will arrange for it to be sent out. It takes a week or two, they are never in a hurry. Hope you get on ok.

More
13 years 1 week ago #51626 by carol48
Replied by carol48 on topic Re: dla medical
I got an award and got a copy of medical sent to me, then I got another copy in with the appeal papers when it went to the appeal. I am in the process of asking for a copy of my recent medical even though I got a good award and time, both high rates and to 2015. Still want to see the medical and compare it to the sham of a one 9 months ago.

More
13 years 1 week ago #51627 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re: dla medical
Dave wrote:

DepressedDerek wrote:

Hi Jacqueline

Regards

Derek

I thought you could only get hold of a dla medical if they dont give you an award and you then appeal and you get it in the bundle ?

You can obtain a medical report regardless of the outcome of the medical. They just don't understand why anyone would request a report when they passed, or a report for a previous medical assessment, and can sometimes get funny about it over the phone. They must think A-Level students don't care what marks they got as long as they passed!

They have a legal obligation to provide these reports to the claimant and I'm not aware of any legal exemptions for denying the information until they have made a decision over a claimant's benefit entitlement, other than the fact that an SAR allows them 40 days.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.