× Members

End of Pathways

• Ranald
  • Topic Author
13 years 1 week ago #52253 by Ranald
End of Pathways was created by Ranald
Does anyone know what is going to replace Pathways to Work?

I received a letter today saying it is to be ended on the 31st March and i need take no action.

I had to laugh reading the letter where it says i am no longer going to receive the support i currently do. What support?

The letter says i may contact my local JSP for help but i doubt they can help me much lol.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RachelPotter
13 years 1 week ago #52255 by RachelPotter
Replied by RachelPotter on topic Re:End of Pathways
The Welfare-to-Work programme is supposed to be starting on April 1st.

www.dwp.gov.uk/supplying-dwp/what-we-buy...re-to-work-services/

Best wishes,
Rachel

More
13 years 1 week ago #52257 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:End of Pathways
It's being replaced by the Work Programme around June, which I would expect to be even worse.

Like you I found the letter amusing.

We understand that this may be a worrying time for you as you will lose the valuable one to one support that you have received from your Shaw Trust Adviser.

What planet are they on?

It has been our pleasure to work with you on your journey towards the world of work...

Ah, so that's the planet they're on; the planet where work takes place.

It's hardly encouraging to advice people who are to prepare for work that work takes place in another world, and you still have to make the journey to this magical world.

Or perhaps because the scheme is ending they can be honest about the scale of the task!

More
13 years 1 week ago #52258 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:End of Pathways
Fedup wrote:

The Welfare-to-Work programme is supposed to be starting on April 1st.

I'm guessing that the irony of the date will be wasted on the government. :laugh:

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
13 years 1 week ago #52260 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:End of Pathways

The Work Programme will also ensure good value for money for the taxpayer by basing payments largely on results

That's good news as the Pathways to Work program wasted One Billion of tax payers money.

Naturally they have modelled the new program on the failed one, with regards to payments by results.

• RachelPotter
13 years 1 week ago #52262 by RachelPotter
Replied by RachelPotter on topic Re:End of Pathways
:laugh: Maybe it is one big April Fools joke after all! :laugh:

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.