× Members

Working is not working out for me

• Andy
12 years 10 months ago #59385 by Andy
Replied by Andy on topic Re:Working is not working out for me
Sorry to hear about your crap treatment at the medical, Linda. Unfortunately it seems quite common. The healthcare "professionals" at ATOS have been reduced to the status of shift workers (I believe they are even paid per examination not per hour) on a factory production line. Their job seems to be to process as many claims (not people or patients) as they can, to tick boxes on the computer screen, and to leave it to the software to say "no".

Your experience also illustrates how important it is to REFUSE to do things which are painful or unsafe and to SAY WHY - "If I try that I will be in danger of falling over", "If I do that I will have painful legs all day tomorrow"', etc.

The nurse who did my medical was very respectful and sympathetic and stressed that I should not do anything which caused me pain, so not all the HCPs have been reduced to automatons. Her report was still a complete travesty, though!

Hang on in there! :)
Andy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #59389 by DRAGON2009
Replied by DRAGON2009 on topic Re:Working is not working out for me
I cannot stress enough the following things

1. The initial stages, such as preparing your claim form well, and if necessary adding extra pages. This can makes the difference between being called for a medical and not being, as well as forming the foundation of a later appeal if it is needed. If time and again you have succeeded in the past at medicals and or appeal tribunals on the basis of your disabilities, say so in your claim form

2. Going with a companion to the medical assessment, who can take notes and back you up should there be a dispute over what was said

3. If you have a good relationshiop wityh your GP or any other health professional, keep them well informed as to your difficulties and dont be afraid to tell them how anxious you are and what are stakes are if you are REjected for ESA and ask if they can support you with a letter

If you encounter a bad experience at the medical complain at once, do not wait until your claim is rejected. It looks more reliable this way, and engage an advice centre at an early stage to help make an appeal if it comes to it

• pata1
12 years 10 months ago #59392 by pata1
Replied by pata1 on topic Re:Working is not working out for me
Hi Linda,

I'm glad to hear you've received your benefit at last.

I must have missed your original post on this.

My main reason for posting, albeit off topic is to express my condolences on the death of your son, and your sister.

We lost our son Clive over 10 years ago when he was aged 27. He drowned in a tragic accident whilst working in Lyon in France. We have never got over it, and never will.

I can't think of anything worse than losing a child, no matter how old they were.

Jim and I send you lots of ((((((((hugs)))))))

Take care.

Pat :kiss:

• originaldave
12 years 10 months ago #59393 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:Working is not working out for me
Andy wrote:

Sorry to hear about your crap treatment at the medical, Linda. Unfortunately it seems quite common. The healthcare "professionals" at ATOS have been reduced to the status of shift workers (I believe they are even paid per examination not per hour) on a factory production line. Their job seems to be to process as many claims (not people or patients) as they can, to tick boxes on the computer screen, and to leave it to the software to say "no".

Your experience also illustrates how important it is to REFUSE to do things which are painful or unsafe and to SAY WHY - "If I try that I will be in danger of falling over", "If I do that I will have painful legs all day tomorrow"', etc.

The nurse who did my medical was very respectful and sympathetic and stressed that I should not do anything which caused me pain, so not all the HCPs have been reduced to automatons. Her report was still a complete travesty, though!

Hang on in there! :)
Andy.

Andy Atos employ 1900 full health care staff not by the hour they do have 500 to 600 session paid staff too .. if you look they are after more psychiatry trained staff too

the by the session staff are mostly RGN CPN and Physiotherapist types

I have a friend going for a job with them in Liverpool :laugh:

I know this as got forwarded the bulrb they sent him :silly: I think this and more info is on there web site

More
12 years 10 months ago #59510 by Lyn
Replied by Lyn on topic Re:Working is not working out for me
How long does it take for the ESA to look at my Atos medical results? and for me to find out if I'm fit for work? I say that because obviously I don't know how I feel, only the Atos Dr knows, after all, when I was asked to stand and touch my toes, even though I use two crutches to aide stability, plus being on HRM, the Atos Dr must know of a cure for my chronic condition, wich is more than my consultant or GP knows. :)

More
12 years 10 months ago #59511 by Lyn
Replied by Lyn on topic Re:Working is not working out for me
Thank you so much for your post, it's really odd, the Atos Dr didn't want to know, in fact I'm sure she thought I was lying, what I should have done is take the proof, but then when I tried to show her my DLA award notice, she flicked her wrist as if to tell me to put it away; anyway it's comforting to know there are sympathetic ears out there.
Take good care of each other, I know you're good people.x.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.