× Members

Working is not working out for me

• Andy
12 years 9 months ago #59549 by Andy
Replied by Andy on topic Re:Working is not working out for me
Lyn wrote:

How long does it take for the ESA to look at my Atos medical results? and for me to find out if I'm fit for work?

ATOS send a report (ESA85) to the DWP, where a decision maker makes the actual decision, which should not be based just on the ESA85 but also on your written application and any written evidence from medical professionals that you have submitted. That's how it works in theory. Timescale: expect to hear within roughly two weeks of the medical, I reckon, but it depends on their workload...

Re: your DLA award. Unfortunately it is not considered evidence, as from their point of view they are making a fresh 'up to date' assessment. Therefore it's crucial to get letters from any medical professionals who are taking care of you. If you haven't done so already, get cracking! (if you are turned down, you can send extra evidence in with your appeal which may get you a result at that point).

NB: If you are turned down, they offer to move you to JSA (jobseekers allowance). Just say 'no'. Tell them you are going to appeal and wish to stay on ESA meanwhile, and ask them to send you a copy of the medical report (ESA85). I hope you don't need this advice. I fear you will.

Andy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #60369 by Lyn
Replied by Lyn on topic Re:Working is not working out for me
I phoned today to see if a decision had been made, I was told I'd been put into the support group, so even though my experience was a bad one with Atos, I still got the result that I had hoped for.

• DitzyDoll
12 years 8 months ago #60559 by DitzyDoll
Replied by DitzyDoll on topic Re:Working is not working out for me
Hello,

I have been working for 4 weeks but my mental health is suffering badly as a result, before returning to work I was in the Work Related Group on the main phase of ESA.

I just wanted to know what other peoples experiences were of getting back on ESA after attempting to return to work. Do you go back on the main phase of ESA straight away or have you had to go through the whole process from the start again (i.e. 13 weeks of sending in certificates, assessment and medical)

Thanks for your help x

More
12 years 8 months ago #60581 by Lyn
Replied by Lyn on topic Re:Working is not working out for me
In short, yes, you do go back through the whole thing again, I only worked for six weeks, was under the impression that the "linking rules" would put me straight back on to ESA without the 13 week period, but that all changed 28th March this year, you will have to provide a "sick note" (ask doc for a 3 month one), you will only receive the basic £67 something, and will probably have to go to an Atos medical, on the up side, you would get all monies back dated if you got back onto ESA, I was in the WRAG and now they have put me into Support group, so it's not always bad news at the end of a long road. If you decide to stop work, phone ESA on your first day of sickness to tell them, send in your "Sick note" from dated from your first day of sickness, you never know, you might get lucky and get straight back on, but I didn't!
Good luck, I know how you feel, but at least we tried to work.:(

• DitzyDoll
12 years 8 months ago #60661 by DitzyDoll
Replied by DitzyDoll on topic Re:Working is not working out for me
I do feel slightly as if we are being punished for attempting to return to work! It's not really fair but thats the benefits system for you!

Thank you for your help!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.