× Members

please need urgent help

• tiredlioness
  • Topic Author
12 years 11 months ago #53036 by tiredlioness
please need urgent help was created by tiredlioness
Hi everyone.
I am new to this forum. i need an urgent help regarding my claim for disability element of working tax credit. they recently sent me letter that i do not qualify for disability element but i told them that i doqualfy because i am on occupational sick leave for over 5 months.after that they asked me to send them the proof that i am on occupational sick leave. will you please help as to what should be the most effective proof. iam sending them a letter from my GP and my latest sick note along with a letter from occupational health deptt doctor based on my latest health review conducted on behalf of my employer i.e.,NHS. any comments and suggestions will be highly appreciated. thanking in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #53039 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:please need urgent help
tiredlioness

We don't advise on tax credits, however, other members may have some experience that is relevant to your situation.

You might want to have a look at the following site, which explains the qualification rules.

www.hmrc.gov.uk/taxcredits/tc956.pdf

You need to meet ALL three of the conditions to qualify.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• tiredlioness
  • Topic Author
12 years 11 months ago #53042 by tiredlioness
Replied by tiredlioness on topic Re:please need urgent help
Thanks Gordon for your reply.
I have checked the hmrc site and i fulfill all the three conditions. on telephone i told them. before they tried to mislead me that i need to have DLA first to qualify for disability elemnt of working tax credit but when my husband told them that DLA is not required rather my Occupational sick pay is enough to qualify, then they asked me to send the proof.

please help about what is the most appropriate proof i can send them.

thanks again.

• tiredlioness
  • Topic Author
12 years 11 months ago #53046 by tiredlioness
Replied by tiredlioness on topic Re:please need urgent help
thanks for your reply Gordon.
I fulfill all the three conditions.when i told them that i fulfill all three conditions, first they tried to mislead me by saying that i need to have DLA first but when my husband told them that DLA is not required to qualfy for disability elemnt of WTC, they asked me to send the proof that i am on occupational sick leave for last 5 months.
please help me regarding what is most suitable proof for that. thanks a lot.

• originaldave
12 years 11 months ago #53070 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:please need urgent help
tiredlioness wrote:

Hi everyone.
I am new to this forum. i need an urgent help regarding my claim for disability element of working tax credit. they recently sent me letter that i do not qualify for disability element but i told them that i doqualfy because i am on occupational sick leave for over 5 months.after that they asked me to send them the proof that i am on occupational sick leave. will you please help as to what should be the most effective proof. iam sending them a letter from my GP and my latest sick note along with a letter from occupational health deptt doctor based on my latest health review conducted on behalf of my employer i.e.,NHS. any comments and suggestions will be highly appreciated. thanking in advance.

This is a link to the tax credits manual and the links for what you need

www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/tctmanual/TCTM02500.htm

my understanding is that your not on any of the lists that give you the working tax disability premium

you might get it when you go back if you earn less than before about 20% less I think is needed

you need expert advice but that link gives you access to what they have at the tax office

:)

• originaldave
12 years 11 months ago #53071 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:please need urgent help
:) Question ? Where you working became sick ? and then wanted to add the premium to your tax credit claim ? if so wont work also they only pay working tax credits (if in pay) for 28 weeks once you become sick

www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/tctmanual/TCTM02421.htm

if its none of the above cant think of anything else

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.