× Members

Never be fit for work.

• chrissyb
  • Topic Author
12 years 11 months ago #54499 by chrissyb
Never be fit for work. was created by chrissyb
Hi everyone, I'm currently awaitig Tribunal dates for both ESA and DLA however last week I sent an excellent letter from my Pain Management Consultant, in which he stated twice I would never be able to work again, as further evidence. I was retired from my job of 24 years last year under ill health retirement. Has anyone else sent a similar letter to the Tribunal and received awards without even having to attend court? I also believe my evidence has been passed to the DWP

Chrissyb x

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• originaldave
12 years 11 months ago #54504 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:Never be fit for work.
chrissyb wrote:

Hi everyone, I'm currently awaitig Tribunal dates for both ESA and DLA however last week I sent an excellent letter from my Pain Management Consultant, in which he stated twice I would never be able to work again, as further evidence. I was retired from my job of 24 years last year under ill health retirement. Has anyone else sent a similar letter to the Tribunal and received awards without even having to attend court? I also believe my evidence has been passed to the DWP

Chrissyb x

never fit for work again is a letter doctors have wrote for many people on here, I have a few written for sorting out pensions :) now the DWP will argue as they do is that letter saying your not fit for your old job, or is it saying any job ? what about part time ? what about a job with adjustments made to allow for your health ?

your dr is a pain management coonsultant, the dwp will have disability trained drs (not saying how good they are)

also the DWP stance is not what you can't do but what you can

dla is about help you need not whats wrong, so I IMO of course dont think it will hold any weight with that tribunal might hold some with ESA

dont think its what you wanted to hear but its my thought on the subject others will add there views

• chrissyb
  • Topic Author
12 years 11 months ago #54518 by chrissyb
Replied by chrissyb on topic Re:Never be fit for work.
The Pain consultant is saying I will never be fit to work in any type of employment due to my constant chronic pain and other medical problems. I was finished from my employment after every possible adaption had been made with no effect to my conditions and im also having the same problem with every type of painkiller ive been prescribed due to massive restrictions due to other medication i av to take for life.

More
12 years 11 months ago #54522 by Suzy3
Replied by Suzy3 on topic Re:Never be fit for work.
Hi Chrissy -
I have also been medically retired on ill health grounds, and am almost your twin with ?same unfortunate ill health and under c/o pain clinic :(
I did go to tribunal for dla - but before I had finished work.
I also used my medical retirement leter for continuing IB claim - without medical :)
Also used same medical retirement letter to claim a further long standing pension - with a fight!

You can use as much/varied evidence as is applicable to your circumstances. Good luck :)

• originaldave
12 years 11 months ago #54532 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:Never be fit for work.
chrissyb wrote:

The Pain consultant is saying I will never be fit to work in any type of employment due to my constant chronic pain and other medical problems. I was finished from my employment after every possible adaption had been made with no effect to my conditions and im also having the same problem with every type of painkiller ive been prescribed due to massive restrictions due to other medication i av to take for life.

From what you say I agree a very strong case, but as you can see already both DLA and ESA have said no, and are sending you to tribunal .. even if you win they will re test you at a later date and you will spend more time on the esa testing treadmill than our kids hamster does :(

• chrissyb
  • Topic Author
12 years 11 months ago #54628 by chrissyb
Replied by chrissyb on topic Re:Never be fit for work.
Both appeals started last year, letter from consultant couple weeks ago therefore well into process before submitting letter.
Thanks Suzyb just submitted letter for works pension so hoping its at least done trick to get that

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.