× Members

how to appeal ESA medical assessment,

• sanhong
  • Topic Author
12 years 11 months ago #55872 by sanhong
how to appeal ESA medical assessment, was created by sanhong
I have got 0 score from the medical assessment.
They even wrote the medical assessment date wrong which should be 31st of March but they wrote 23rd of March.

They put every item 0 score, for example, you are able to get to a familiar place without someone else help---which I never told them so.

I don't know how to appeal ? is it difficulty ? does it need to go to tribunal and find a representative for yourself etc ?if so ,how to find a representative --a solicitor or someoneelse ?

Do they still pay you benefit during appealing process ?

look forward to your kind advice and support!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #55885 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:how to appeal ESA medical assessment,
Hi Sanhong

Please read the ESA appeal guide in the members area, which guides you through the entire appeal process.

You start an appeal by sending a GL/24 form giving the reasons why you disagree with the decision. The guides explain how to do this.

You can choose to have a paper hearing that you do not have to attend but you have a much better chance if you attend an oral hearing. It is also helpful to obtain a representative if you can, as explained in the guides.

Your ESA payments should continue at the assessment rate when they receive the GL/24 form, but it's a good idea to state anyway on your GL/24 form or accompanying letter that you wish to be paid at the assessment rate pending appeal. You need to send medical certificates during the appeal process for this to happen.

Good luck

Derek

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.