× Members

Prescribed pills

• Rich
  • Topic Author
12 years 11 months ago #57146 by Rich
Prescribed pills was created by Rich
Hi,
On the ESA forms and in the medical assessments, is there any place that requires the prescribed tablets taken by the patient to be noted as a condition that might affect the outcome? I only ask this as a long-term IB claimant with continuing ill health and a great deal of pain due to an industrial injury (I was injured whilst in the Police, so I am not a job dodging, day long pub dwelling, drunk, shirking, stay in bed all day, person that the papers like to portray all IB claimants to be) I take many pain killers and see no where for my list of pills to be noted on the forms or discussed in the assessment.
I take strong painkillers most days to combat the constant pain I am in due to my injuries and these tablets do not allow me to drive or operate machinery and if the pain is particularly bad I take a pill that sends me into a sleepy trance. Do ATOS consider strong acting prescribed painkillers in their assessments or do they just sweep such valid information under the carpet like all the other information that does not tick the boxes on their forms. Do they prefer that the least amount of information is included or ignored just so people can be migrated off IB, ESA without regard to any valid information that might hinder ATOS throwing the sick, and ill onto the JSA heap?
Just like to know, oh and new conditions that are developing in my body due to my injury, like degeneration of the spine and other conditions that are so debilitating. Do these conditions count or not?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #57149 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Prescribed pills
Rich

There is space on the ESA50 for you to note your medication, and you are asked to bring them with you to the medical so that the "doctor" can note in the medical report.

With regard to the conditions you have, it's not really what you suffer from, but how it affects you in the context of the ESA tests. Have a look at the ESA guides in the Members area, to understand how this works.

Gorodn

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 11 months ago #57151 by Chris_63
Replied by Chris_63 on topic Re: Prescribed pills
Hi there Rich at the top of page 4 on the ESA50 (03/11) it gives a box for details of tablets, medications and special treatments.

Put as much information in there as you can including any side effects you suffer, and the dosages you take.

As you have been on IB for a long-time you may find it useful to ask your GP to provide a detailed report on your illnesses, prognosis etc, and enclose this with the ESA50 as evidence.

You may have to pay for this, not sure of the charge, one I had produced for my DLA was in the region of £30. It was money well spent.

Good luck with it all

• RachelPotter
12 years 11 months ago #57152 by RachelPotter
Replied by RachelPotter on topic Re:Prescribed pills
Hi Rich, when you write down your medication, be sure to note all details

ie; what dose and how many times a day.

ATOS assessors have a habit of getting it wrong!

Best wishes,
Rachel :)

More
12 years 11 months ago #57157 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Prescribed pills
Mine noted all my medications at the begining of the medical report, and then through out the rest it, said I didn't take anything.

:laugh:

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• RachelPotter
12 years 11 months ago #57159 by RachelPotter
Replied by RachelPotter on topic Re:Prescribed pills
:laugh: sums them up really!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.