× Members

is it usual for claims to take years to deal with

• allymcck
  • Topic Author
12 years 10 months ago #58287 by allymcck
hi all i originally put in a claim for DLA in march 07 despite having 2 tribunal meetings it was still rejected i took it to the courts who over turned the tribunal decision and back to the appeals i went

my last tribunal appeal was sept 10 and yet again it was dismissed they told me i could not use that claim again and had to place in a new one but i back dated it to 07 and they have refused it again due to me not attending a medical i called them to argue i never got the letter for the doctor arriving so they have now put it back onto appeal i want to know how long does all this take i was told it would be approx 6 months maybe a year it has now been since aug 07 and all i seem to be doing is appealing turning up being told my claim has been dismissed and i appeal again

ive read oter people on here have fibromyalgia i have this in 16 points in my body, ive had surgery to see if it was my bones instead carpul tunnel surgery i have hydrotherapy and attend a pain mangagement clinic and many medical issues and other conditions that others have mentioned yet im still waiting im still appealling i have no energy left to fight this

has anyone else waited years for this to be done as everytime i complain i seem to be put to the back of the to do list

alison

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #58291 by Gordon
allymcck

You have obviously been through the wringer with this, unfortunately, appeals are now taking 9-12 months on average and in some areas even longer, and everytime you are pushed back to appeal the clock is reset.

The only thing I suggest is that you contact the Tribunal Service and ask for an update on your hearing, they should at the very least be able to give you some sort of timescale.

Following on from that, you could try contacting your MP and asking them if they can help you to expidite the matter.

Given the timescale, you would be entitled to make a new claim for DLA, which would run in parallel to your appeal.

Let us know how you get on.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• allymcck
  • Topic Author
12 years 10 months ago #58302 by allymcck
i made my original claim in mar 07 due to an injury i suffered to my wrist which prevented me from working and still forms part of my claim now,i made further medical issues on my form unfortunately i had a car accident later that year 6 months later and the injuries were not taken into consideration due to them not being added to my original claim of mar 07,
for the last number of years ive appealled, etc and each time got turned down in the appeals due to my car accident injuries having a more significant impact on me but they wouldnt acknowledge them, so after my last appeal i asked what was going to get my dla awarded they suggested a new claim to cover the car accident issues, this i did in jan this year but also requested it back dated to aug 07 as i had a claim in the system and couldnt have 2 claims in and my reasons why it was to be backdated to this date

i have moved to north wales and waited for my details to be sent over to the cardiff branch of dla, they acknowledge the forms and sent me a letter to apologise for the length of time , the next letter i get was one to tell me they have dismissed my claim again as i refused to see the doctor, i was straight on the phone to tell them how can they dismiss it when i knew nothing about the doctor visit, i informed them they should speak to my own doctor which they still havent done and now im waiting again, i tried to contact my MP who sent me an email back saying sorry he doesnt deal with dla claims

• peterjclive
12 years 10 months ago #58304 by peterjclive
hi i heard chris grayling on the radio stating that appeals are only taking on average 17 weeks you could email him at GRAYLING @parliament.uk and see what he as to say can not remember what radio station it was on but it was about 6 weeks ago good luck and do not give up

More
12 years 10 months ago #58307 by Tracy A
Hi,
I have posted my partners Tribuneral nightmare on here.
He has waited 20 months for his appeal dates, we finally lost patience and contancted our MP who wrote to Chris Grayling and we also contacted our local paper, we waited a week after getting the paper involved and we now have a date for a double tribuneral on 28th June.
Your seem to be fighting a never ending battle, get on to your MP thats what they get paid for.
Good Luck.
Tracy.

More
12 years 10 months ago #58322 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:is it usual for claims to take years to deal with
allymcck wrote:

hi all i originally put in a claim for DLA in march 07 despite having 2 tribunal meetings it was still rejected i took it to the courts who over turned the tribunal decision and back to the appeals i went

my last tribunal appeal was sept 10 and yet again it was dismissed they told me i could not use that claim again and had to place in a new one but i back dated it to 07 and they have refused it again due to me not attending a medical i called them to argue i never got the letter for the doctor arriving so they have now put it back onto appeal i want to know how long does all this take i was told it would be approx 6 months maybe a year it has now been since aug 07 and all i seem to be doing is appealing turning up being told my claim has been dismissed and i appeal again

ive read oter people on here have fibromyalgia i have this in 16 points in my body, ive had surgery to see if it was my bones instead carpul tunnel surgery i have hydrotherapy and attend a pain mangagement clinic and many medical issues and other conditions that others have mentioned yet im still waiting im still appealling i have no energy left to fight this

has anyone else waited years for this to be done as everytime i complain i seem to be put to the back of the to do list

alison

It took nine years and ten months to reach a decision on my DLA claim!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.