× Members

ESA Support Group with no medical!

More
12 years 10 months ago #58869 by pewtersuitor
ESA Support Group with no medical! was created by pewtersuitor
Hi there,

I thought I would leave some positive feedback – I have been placed in the support group of ESA without being subjected to a ‘medical’. I followed the guides from B&W, gave as much information on the ESA50 (with additional pages) as I could and got as much supportive evidence as I could, including evidence from my family and work colleagues.

I have contacted the BDC, and requested the score sheet to see how I became to be placed in the Support group, as I had a feeling I would be subject to
the ‘imaginary wheelchair test’ As soon as I have more information including any given review date, I will post a further update.

I hope that my case will give some hope to everyone else applying for ESA, and thanks again to all at B&W for the excellent guides and help that I have been able to access.

All the best

John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #58875 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re: ESA Support Group with no medical!
Well done John, and thanks for letting us know.

Derek

More
12 years 10 months ago #58910 by Mickyboy
Replied by Mickyboy on topic Re:ESA Support Group with no medical!
Hi, what additional info, pages and evidence did you provide them with, it would be very helpful to know. Thanks and well done! Mick

More
12 years 10 months ago #58960 by deegee
Replied by deegee on topic Re:ESA Support Group with no medical!
Hi John and all

Looks like you and I got the same letter this morning, I have also been placed in the support group without the agony of an assessment interview - something I was fearing as I have bipolar disorder and the stories we hear about the way mental disorders are regarded is enough to put the fear of God up everyone. I am curious as to how many points I scored, but to be honest

I also have to say that the advice available on this website has been invaluable. I asked my psychiatrist to write me a letter of support for my claim, and also sent a copy of my care letter (which is sent to my gp after every visit, you can ask for a copy of this to be sent to you). As this website advises, I made sure I presented them with all information and evidence possible, not only the support letter but evidence of the medication I take.

Earlier this year I had to renew my DLA claim, and again, thanks to the advice on this site, it was renewed indefinitely and this time they also gave me lower rate mobility which I didnt get when I applied the first time round.

B & W, thank you so much, you have saved me from so much worry and stress.

More
12 years 10 months ago #58971 by pewtersuitor
Replied by pewtersuitor on topic Re:ESA Support Group with no medical!
Hi Deegee,

I also had been dreading the thought of the face to face assesment, after reading a lot of horror stories on the web.

I am going to persue the award points, just to see whether i was deemed to meet the(new)support group descriptors, or by way of the exceptional circumstances criteria, also to establish when my case is due for review!

Best wishes for the future Deegee.

John

Hi Mickyboy,

I cannot add much more to what Deegee as already mentioned in her post, other than
on the advice of one of the B&W mods, i sent all my ESA documents in duplicate, to both Atos and the DM at the benefit delivery centre, in case some documents mysteriously disappeared in transit!

Best wushes

John

More
12 years 10 months ago #58973 by deegee
Replied by deegee on topic Re:ESA Support Group with no medical!
thanks John, and you

Can I also add I have kept copies of absolutely everything, in case I had to go to appeal, or things got lost. Record dates you posted things or when you received things, notes of phone conversations (time and date) and who you spoke to - you never know when you might need that information to back up your claim. Sorry to go on, all this information is on this site, but I thought it worth mentioning again. Good luck everyone!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.