× Members

From decision to payment.....how long?

• Crow
  • Topic Author
12 years 9 months ago #60353 by Crow
Does anyone know how long it takes from a Tribunal's decision until the DWP make payment into the bank account?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mary U
12 years 9 months ago #60356 by Mary U
Replied by Mary U on topic Re: From decision to payment.....how long?
that will depend on workload and set up of the benefit centre who will be making payment. at least 2 weeks but probally longer. it is worth ringing your benefit centre to ask what their current time scale is.

More
12 years 9 months ago #60359 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:From decision to payment.....how long?
It helps if you send the DWP a copy of the tribunal's decision notice. The DWP often claim that they never received it.

More
12 years 9 months ago #60368 by Lyn
It took 4 weeks for money to go into my account from the day of tribunal, there was even a guy there from DWP, but it still took that long; on a brighter note, think about the amount to be back dated....

More
12 years 9 months ago #60389 by Callisto
Replied by Callisto on topic Re:From decision to payment.....how long?
It depends, with me they wrote for a statement of reasons and it took an age for them to pay me the backpay. I was slightly more complicated as I also wrote to them whilst I was waiting as I had noticed a minimal change in my pain and mobility, i.e I could walk for a little longer before the really horrible pain set in. They removed my component, but I was prepared for it!!!!!
However lets hope they do not mess you around, most have no problems at all so be positive and the likelyhood is that they will take a few weeks to pay you.
Callisto x

• Crow
  • Topic Author
12 years 9 months ago #60422 by Crow
Thanks for all the encouragement folks. Bit of a mute point now as Tribunal is cancelled due to strike action over their pay and pensions - Oh the luxury of pay and pensions. It's funny how it takes them so long to make payment following a positive decision but they manage top priority to deal with getting money off us. If we NEED this money, should we not be getting it ASAP? If we can wait +6 months for it then do we really need it or could it be that they are expecting us to tolerate an intolerable life while they chug along at snails pace in complete apathy and selfishness. Damn them all.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.