× Members

esa medical resultsHi, i

More
12 years 10 months ago #60747 by joan
esa medical resultsHi, i was created by joan
Hi. i recently went for the esa medical and then received a phone call from the dwp to say i only got 6 points (for moving around). Although the girl i spoke to was nice, i am confused as to what happens next. She told me to send in a letter and be 'brutal' in the things i disagree with! I suffer from chronic depression (according to my psychologist) but they didnt even send to her for information! what should i do? How can i word this myself and go against what ATOS have said? Will i have to go to work and will my benefit money change?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #60751 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:esa medical resultsHi, i
Hi Joan

I haven't a clue what she meant by being 'brutal' (other than punching the decision maker in the face) but you can get far more thorough advice from reading the ESA guides here .

The guides explain everything you need to do to challenge a DWP decision. You need to lodge an appeal rather than write a brutal letter. After reading the guides, if you have any further questions please come back to the forums.

As long as you have the support of your GP and he/she is willing to provide you with medical certificates you can continue to be paid ESA at the assessment rate.

Good luck

Derek
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by Derek4. Reason: added paragraph

More
12 years 10 months ago #60753 by joan
Replied by joan on topic Re:esa medical resultsHi, i
Many many thanks Derek. Will let you know how it goes.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris