× Members

Mobility claim turned down

• chelsea1cakes
  • Topic Author
12 years 9 months ago #62709 by chelsea1cakes
Mobility claim turned down was created by chelsea1cakes
i am so upset i can't even talk to my husbnd. i have just recieved a letter from DLA turning down my claim for mobility.i already have middle rate care but my condition has got worse and i struggle to walk any distance most days.i have fibromyalgia and severe arthritus in both knees and back and hands as well as a frozen shoulder.

they have said in their letter that i can walk 600 metres with some difficulties and slowly. I never put that on the form so i don't know where that came from.
i don't knowif it is worth me applealing and causing myself more stress which will cause my condition to flare up or just settle for what i already have.
thanks for reading
sue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• originaldave
12 years 9 months ago #62715 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:Mobility claim turned down
chelsea1cakes wrote:

i am so upset i can't even talk to my husbnd. i have just recieved a letter from DLA turning down my claim for mobility.i already have middle rate care but my condition has got worse and i struggle to walk any distance most days.i have fibromyalgia and severe arthritus in both knees and back and hands as well as a frozen shoulder.

they have said in their letter that i can walk 600 metres with some difficulties and slowly. I never put that on the form so i don't know where that came from.
i don't knowif it is worth me applealing and causing myself more stress which will cause my condition to flare up or just settle for what i already have.
thanks for reading
sue

well the good news is ... you kept your care ?

you say you never put you could walk 600 meters... but you did post on here

" 5 min walk it took me 15mins " if you put something like that on your form thats how they came to that conclusion

• chelsea1cakes
  • Topic Author
12 years 9 months ago #62737 by chelsea1cakes
Replied by chelsea1cakes on topic Re:Mobility claim turned down
how thick am i!! i think i did put that - i have mislaid my copy of my form so i can't check, but i would have put something like that as i was trying to describe that walking now takes me a lot longer and is very painful.
can i get them to look at my claim again or am i better off forgetting it and reapplying next year?

• originaldave
12 years 9 months ago #62741 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:Mobility claim turned down
chelsea1cakes wrote:

how thick am i!! i think i did put that - i have mislaid my copy of my form so i can't check, but i would have put something like that as i was trying to describe that walking now takes me a lot longer and is very painful.
can i get them to look at my claim again or am i better off forgetting it and reapplying next year?

I am no expert but what can they look at again ? If you have put like you posted earlier I dont think you will get them to change there mind, a mod will be along with advice on when you can re claim

• chelsea1cakes
  • Topic Author
12 years 9 months ago #62751 by chelsea1cakes
Replied by chelsea1cakes on topic Re:Mobility claim turned down
thanks- i have just phoned them for an explanation about their decision and they have a call back system ....anytime during the next 5 days they will ring me mmmmm...

• kaycee
12 years 9 months ago #63020 by kaycee
Replied by kaycee on topic Re:Mobility claim turned down
I too have been turned down for dla, ive been told i need both hips replacing & also suffer with arthritis in both knees and hands, yet they stated i can walk over 50 metres, and can carry & lift safely? I dont even feel they have read the form, i didnt state that anywhere. I phoned to question it & was told its based on your needs, which i do appreciate but if you struggle to walk isnt that taken into consideration? Sorry im just ranting :(

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris