× Members

Passed IB to ESA without medical!

More
12 years 6 months ago #66450 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:Passed IB to ESA without medical!
Fedup wrote:

Very good point CD.

Derek, I have been trying to think of a job I could do without leaving the house, answering the phone or with regular responsibilities etc

haven't come up with anything yet!

You could work as a JCP call centre employee. You only need to leave the phone off the hook all day. :laugh:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RachelPotter
12 years 6 months ago #66451 by RachelPotter
Replied by RachelPotter on topic Re:Passed IB to ESA without medical!
:laugh:

More
12 years 6 months ago #66454 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:Passed IB to ESA without medical!
I think they may be encouraged to do so, because if they are found to be giving out accurate information about benefits or being helpful, it would probably amount to gross misconduct!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 6 months ago #66492 by lindat
Replied by lindat on topic Re:Passed IB to ESA without medical!
when I explained WRAG to an online friend in USA she asked if there is much call for 'door stops' in the UK :laugh: trouble is even to do that I'd need it to be somewhere very quiet with no ppl and hubbie would have to be with me all the time :silly:
'sigh' but its not really funny :( better to laugh than cry...
linda

• millymoo
12 years 6 months ago #66496 by millymoo
Replied by millymoo on topic Re:Passed IB to ESA without medical!
Crazydiamond wrote:

millymoo wrote:

Just a thought!! If you had gone for a medical etc would you have expected to have been placed into the support group or work related group? I am wondering if DWP are making decisions without medicals and putting people in the work related group and hoping that they are just so grateful to have not required a medical that they accept the decision. It really makes me wonder if this is a cop out to keep the support group numbers to an absolute minimum, or am i being cynical?!!!! ;)

Mm xx :)

Here is a copy of a post which I drafted in the moderators' forum recently. Isn't it curious that we both reached the same conclusion:-

Hi All,

There have been an ever-increasing number of members in the forum being placed in the WRAG without a medical assessment. In the circumstances, this would appear to be a new tactic by the DWP which I believe to be twofold.

It seems to me to be a dubious tactical manoeuvre designed to cut down on the large amount of appeals currently going through the system at the present time, but also an exercise to expedite the number of current IB claimants to contribution-based ESA, in the hope that following the 12 months time limit on ESA(CB), a substantial majority will not qualify for ESA(IB). Consequently, this will cut the number of claims more rapidly, save money, and may very well lead to manipulation of the claimant figures in the process, culminating in bogus claims by the government that ESA is getting people off benefit and back into work.

Maybe I am just being cynical?

Regards,

CD

Hi CD

How odd is that both our posts say the same thing, we cynics of the population lol!!! I have to be careful as sometimes i post without giving it a 2nd thought when something really gets my back up and this is 1 area that makes my blood boil :angry: . DWP are taking advantage of all on IB as they know that many disabled people will not put up a fight and accept gratefully what they are offering :( . Although for all us lucky people from this site we get the help and support to fight for what we should rightfully get :) . But how easy it would be to accept as fighting only makes a lot of our disabilities so much worse!!! My motto is fight, fight, fight with all the strength you have!!! :woohoo:

Mm :) xx

More
12 years 6 months ago #66666 by pauldcox3
Replied by pauldcox3 on topic Re:Passed IB to ESA without medical!
I have just read through this thread and it has given me just the jolt I need. I too was placed in the WR group without a medical having been on IB for some years. I too am on CB and have my full NI credits IE over 30 years. I will be 60 next year and there is no way I would be able to work. (had they not changed to pension retirement age I would not be in this position)

My first thought was thank God no medical, I was almost thankful. I believe I should be in the support group and meet some of the descriptors but was undecided about appealing as I know how stressful this can be. having read through this thread I now feel determined to appeal regardless of the stress. Why should I sit back and let them get away with this. I believe in the end whether I succeed or not I will feel a whole lot better about it all. I know I run the risk of losing ESA altogether but I consider it worth the risk.

I believe CD you and JM have hit the nail on the head, it is a quick and less costly alternative. They will be hoping that people will just feel like I did and be thankful for small mercies. I know after 12 months my benefit would stop anyway so may as well give it my best shot.

Thanks for giving me the push I needed. :blush:

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.