× Members

ESA Success & now DLA Success!!!

More
12 years 8 months ago #67391 by mayflower
ESA Success & now DLA Success!!! was created by mayflower
I hope my post will give members & others a boost especialy those with ME/CFS like myself & those with fluctuating conditions.
I am so thankful I decided to join B & W in 2010 & which, thanks to the quite brilliant guides together with helpful information & advice from the moderators & members posting on the forum, resulted in a successful first time claim for ESA(CB) & being placed in the WRAG for 12 months.
When my subscription was due to expire earlier this year it was as is said a "no brainer" not to renew my membership & I have benefited again this year with not only my reassessment for ESA but also with a first time claim for DLA for mobility & care.
In July this year following reassessment I was moved from the WRAG to the Support Group with ESA (CB). Buoyed by this success I applied for DLA. The infamous'brown envelope' arrived a few days ago & I was absolutely stunned to read I had been awarded both HRM & HRC for 4 years!!! without having to have a medical or my GP being asked for a report.
I carefully followed the advice in the guides for ESA & DLA & put in lots of detailed information so much so that my extra pages for ESA alone ran to 40 plus typed A4 pages & for DLA 50 plus pages.
The sense of relief is incredible.
This site & everything it provides is close to being priceless. If I hadn't found this site by chance 18 months ago & made the decision to join & renew my subscription I would never have been as successful with my claims as I have.
B & W is quite literally a life saver - thank you so very much.
mayflower

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
12 years 8 months ago #67393 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:ESA Success & now DLA Success!!!
mayflower wrote:

I hope my post will give members & others a boost especialy those with ME/CFS like myself & those with fluctuating conditions.
I am so thankful I decided to join B & W in 2010 & which, thanks to the quite brilliant guides together with helpful information & advice from the moderators & members posting on the forum, resulted in a successful first time claim for ESA(CB) & being placed in the WRAG for 12 months.
When my subscription was due to expire earlier this year it was as is said a "no brainer" not to renew my membership & I have benefited again this year with not only my reassessment for ESA but also with a first time claim for DLA for mobility & care.
In July this year following reassessment I was moved from the WRAG to the Support Group with ESA (CB). Buoyed by this success I applied for DLA. The infamous'brown envelope' arrived a few days ago & I was absolutely stunned to read I had been awarded both HRM & HRC for 4 years!!! without having to have a medical or my GP being asked for a report.
I carefully followed the advice in the guides for ESA & DLA & put in lots of detailed information so much so that my extra pages for ESA alone ran to 40 plus typed A4 pages & for DLA 50 plus pages.
The sense of relief is incredible.
This site & everything it provides is close to being priceless. If I hadn't found this site by chance 18 months ago & made the decision to join & renew my subscription I would never have been as successful with my claims as I have.
B & W is quite literally a life saver - thank you so very much.
mayflower

Hi MF,

Thankyou for sharing this positive outcome, and for your kind comments regarding the B&W site.

Best wishes

bro58

More
12 years 8 months ago #67448 by Suzy3
Replied by Suzy3 on topic Re:ESA Success & now DLA Success!!!
Congratulations x 2, for your gain of 'support group' and 'high rates' of both care/mobility of Dla :) Fantastic :) :) :)
x

More
12 years 8 months ago #67450 by hilly
Replied by hilly on topic Re:ESA Success & now DLA Success!!!
congratulations and well done, what a relief for you.

More
12 years 8 months ago #67471 by lochlisa
Replied by lochlisa on topic Re: ESA Success & now DLA Success!!!
well done !! I am in the same boat but I got ESA WRAG and only LRM & LRC and they are all now going to appeal.

It has given me hope to fight on in the hope that the tribunal panel are a bit more understanding than the DM !

best wishes, Lisa

More
12 years 8 months ago #68058 by mayflower
Replied by mayflower on topic Re: ESA Success & now DLA Success!!!
My thanks to you all who posted such positive comments. My husband has since sent off a claim for Carers Allowance but still waiting to hear outcome.

Lisa - I wish you success with your appeals, it's shameful that so many claimants have to appeal decisions which can only add to the effects of illness/disability.

mayflower

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris