× Members

Migration to ESA without completing the ESA form

More
12 years 6 months ago #68292 by Doris
Are people being migrated over to ESA without completing the ESA forms ?

If so, what happens If you're on IB with condition A, but in recent years you've been diagnosed with additional conditions C & D. Especially if (C&D) would put you in the support group?

If you're transferred over without completing an ESA form the DM wont be aware. Or should you update the DWP about you new conditions on your existing IB claim.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
12 years 6 months ago #68294 by bro58
Doris wrote:

Are people being migrated over to ESA without completing the ESA forms ?

If so, what happens If you're on IB with condition A, but in recent years you've been diagnosed with additional conditions C & D. Especially if (C&D) would put you in the support group?

If you're transferred over without completing an ESA form the DM wont be aware. Or should you update the DWP about you new conditions on your existing IB claim.

Hi Do,

If by ESA forms, you mean the ESA50 Questionnaire, I can not envisage a scenario of being migrated without having to complete an ESA50.

It is an intergal part of the ESA WCA process.

Please remember, with regards to conditions that you mention, it is not the conditions that give an award of ESA, it is the resulting limitations, it is a capability test.

Don't forget the ESA WCA process is a different type of assessment to the old IB PCA process.

Have you looked at the transferring from IB to ESA guide in the MEMBERS ONLY area.

Hope this helps.

bro58

• bro58
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #68297 by bro58
Hi DO,

When I say I can't envisage the scenario that you mention, in theory it is possible that a claimant can be migrated IB to ESA, with out completing an ESA50, if the DM thought that he had enough up to date evidence to do so.

I have not come across this situation personally.

You should take into account that if you contact the DM to give an update on your conditions, this could trigger migration.

I sent a file of evidence to the DM, as soon as I received the migration letter, but still received an ESA50 to complete.

cheers

bro58
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by bro58. Reason: ESA50

• nada678
12 years 6 months ago #68300 by nada678
Hello Bro58

I was wondering if you got into the Support Group, as you mentioned being migrated before you became a mod.

Regards

Nada678

More
12 years 6 months ago #68301 by Doris
bro58 wrote:

Have you looked at the transferring from IB to ESA guide in the MEMBERS ONLY area.

Hope this helps.

bro58[/quote]

Yep, I've got it all in hand.

I was curious because I was awarded IB years ago. But have since developed conditions that would see me in the support group of ESA. Hence why I thought it best to check.

I was due to migrate back in Feb this year, so I'm expecting the forms anyday.

• bro58
12 years 6 months ago #68302 by bro58
nada678 wrote:

Hello Bro58

I was wondering if you got into the Support Group, as you mentioned being migrated before you became a mod.

Regards

Nada678

Hi N,

I am still mid ESA WCA process, no decision yet.

cheers

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.