× Members

on contribution esa for 6 weeks now. what next!

• jon63
  • Topic Author
12 years 6 months ago #68379 by jon63
:S
i have been off work since last xmas, with knee problems, osteo arthritis and acl to one knee. have had 2 keyhole ops to repair cartiledge damage, very little left.

i went onto esa in early sept. was told i would be on contribution based,
then got letter saying i was to fill this form in and attend a medical. i filled the form in , but as i had just had an op, and on crutches, told them that i couldn't possibly travel anywhere for a medical at the moment because off this.
i have not heard from them since. they pay me £67 a week. apart from last month when i noticed it was not in the bank. so phoned them up and they say it was because my sick note had run out on the 08/aug. (why they didn't tell me), so got another one from the doctors backdated to this time.
still to this day haven't heard from them, i thought i was going to get some support from them to help me find more suitable work for me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #68382 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:on contribution esa for 6 weeks now. what next!
The notion that ESA has been designed to get claimants back into work is a complete fallacy, especially more so in the current economic climate.

ESA was designed purely to get claimants off sickness benefits by hook or by crook!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• RachelPotter
12 years 6 months ago #68383 by RachelPotter
Replied by RachelPotter on topic Re:on contribution esa for 6 weeks now. what next!
Hi, have you had a medical yet?

ESA assessment phase lasts 13 weeks from when you first claim (ie beginning of Sept).

You need to provide 'fit notes' from your GP up until the time of your medical assessment with ATOS.

You will either; pass and be put into the Work Related Activity Group or the Support Group and your money will go up. Or

you will fail and then have to decide whether or not to appeal the decision.

You will not get any help back to work until this process has occurred.

Best wishes,
Rachel

• jon63
  • Topic Author
12 years 6 months ago #68390 by jon63
i am now beginning to realise that it is a honey trap benefit designed to get you off their books. ;)

• jon63
  • Topic Author
12 years 6 months ago #68391 by jon63
sorry 1st post was meant to say went on to esa 08 july not aug.
and no i have not had a medical, only that 1st letter asking me to fill it in for the medical, which i couldn't possibly have attended, this was about 4 weeks ago.

• jon63
  • Topic Author
12 years 6 months ago #68392 by jon63
my 13 weeks is up on the 06/10/2011. 2 weeks time

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.