× Members

IB to ESA decision time

More
12 years 6 months ago #70195 by ELEANOR
IB to ESA decision time was created by ELEANOR
I had an ATOS medical more than eight weeks ago and I have not had a decision yet although my IB payments have continued. Is it usual for decisions to take this long? I live in Cardiff.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #70197 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:IB to ESA decision time
irisheyes wrote:

I had an ATOS medical more than eight weeks ago and I have not had a decision yet although my IB payments have continued. Is it usual for decisions to take this long? I live in Cardiff.

Hi IE,

The process does seem to be taking cosiderably longer as of late.

The ball is now firmly in their court, so as long as you are still receiving your IB, which you will until the DWP DM makes a decision on your award of ESA, I would try not to worry.

bro58
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by bro58. Reason: of

More
12 years 6 months ago #70203 by ELEANOR
Replied by ELEANOR on topic Re:IB to ESA decision time
Thanks! My husband said exactly the same thing.

More
12 years 5 months ago #73316 by ELEANOR
Replied by ELEANOR on topic Re:IB to ESA decision time
Twelve weeks after I had my medical I have just been told that I have been put into the support group for ESA and that I will not be assessed again for two years. :woohoo:

• bro58
12 years 5 months ago #73317 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:IB to ESA decision time
irisheyes wrote:

Twelve weeks after I had my medical I have just been told that I have been put into the support group for ESA and that I will not be assessed again for two years. :woohoo:

Hi IE,

The long wait must have seemed like an eternity, but well worth it in the end. :)

Congratulations on gaining SG status, and thanks for letting us know. :)

cheers

bro58

More
12 years 5 months ago #73318 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Re:IB to ESA decision time
Great news, irisheyes

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.