× Members

Recorded, proof or postage or special delivery?

More
12 years 5 months ago #70525 by slugsta
Over the past couple of months I have sent 3 lots of paperwork to DWP and used recorded delivery each time. On two of these occasions the delivery has not been registered on-line and I have had to chase it up with the post office - which is stressful in itself as it is difficult to actually get to speak to a real person amid the automated messages :angry: .

For this reason, I am wondering whether recorded delivery is really the best way to go. Is proof of postage adequate, or would it be better to pay out even more for special delivery?

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
12 years 5 months ago #70527 by bro58
Mrs Hurtyback wrote:

Over the past couple of months I have sent 3 lots of paperwork to DWP and used recorded delivery each time. On two of these occasions the delivery has not been registered on-line and I have had to chase it up with the post office - which is stressful in itself as it is difficult to actually get to speak to a real person amid the automated messages :angry: .

For this reason, I am wondering whether recorded delivery is really the best way to go. Is proof of postage adequate, or would it be better to pay out even more for special delivery?

Hi MH,

The important issue here is to have proof that you actually posted the ESA50 back to ATOS in good time to arrive by the deadline given.

Obviously if you have proof of delivery to the actual ATOS building or PO Box, this can only help further.

A claimant should not be held responsible for any inadequacies in the postal service, as long as they can prove that they have taken all reasonable steps to comply with the deadline date of return.

bro58

• de1
12 years 5 months ago #70528 by de1
i just sent my esa50 normal post and got proof of postage. i used to send sick notes by recorded delivery and there was usually a problem with them receiving it, once it took 2 or 3 weeks for it to show as delivered on royal mail, so after a few times i just sent sick notes normal post too and it seemed to work better.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.