× Members

Can I ask for addressee to be changed ?

More
12 years 6 months ago #71154 by Benson
I live with my dad who has the same initials as me, including the same initial for my first middle name. So because he is a pensioner he also gets DWP mail from time to time. Can I ask them to change my name to either my full name or different initials ? Or is it set in stone ? If I can, then who do I contact to do this ? Just makes it easier when post arrives, so we only open what is ours.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
12 years 6 months ago #71156 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Can I ask for addressee to be changed ?
Benson wrote:

I live with my dad who has the same initials as me, including the same initial for my first middle name. So because he is a pensioner he also gets DWP mail from time to time. Can I ask them to change my name to either my full name or different initials ? Or is it set in stone ? If I can, then who do I contact to do this ? Just makes it easier when post arrives, so we only open what is ours.

Thanks.

Hi B,

I can not see any reason why you shouldn't make such a request, giving the relevant reason.

Simply address it to the local DWP office/Benefits centre, that deals with your benefits.

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris