× Members

Am i entitled to see points awarded for ESA?

More
12 years 5 months ago #71747 by kanecat
I was informed I was placed into the WRAG without having a medical, i rang the DWP and asked for them to send me details of what points i have been awarded as i want to appeal as i feel i should be in the support group.

10 days later i still haven't heard anything from them. I rand them and was passed from pillow to post and finally managed to speak to a supervisor who advised me I am not allowed to see what points i have been awarded until after my appeal and if it goes to a tribunal.

Does anyone know if this information is correct?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tonibee
12 years 5 months ago #71752 by Tonibee
No. The information is not correct.

If the DWP refuse to disclose the score sheet you can make a request for access to personal information under the data protection act - although a complaint might get a faster response.

However, the main score sheet for passing the assessment is not the same as that for entry to the support group so seeing it may not help you anyway.

I suggest a letter to DWP with a formal request for a written explanation of why you are not in the support group, and be prepared to appeal thereafter.

The support group descriptors are available on this site.

More
12 years 5 months ago #71754 by kanecat
Thank you for your reply.

Someone has just rang me back from the DWP and they said i don't have a score sheet as i didn't have a medical. I asked how was i put into the WRAG if i didn't have a score sheet as you have to score 15 points for this. She told me there was nothing she could do, there was only a report on me and not a score sheet and advised me to write and ask for a reconsideration on the decision.

I'm confused!

More
12 years 5 months ago #71757 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re: Am i entitled to see points awarded for ESA?
I would suggest that you speak to the customer services manager at the DWP office which deals with your ESA claim, and request that forms ESA85A and ESA65 be sent to you.

The ESA65 form should include details of the points you have scored following the WCA, whether or not you attended for an assessment?

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Tonibee
12 years 5 months ago #71758 by Tonibee
It's possible you fit into one of the exempt categories, in which case there will be no scoresheet. But you can still ask for inclusion in the support group.

More
12 years 5 months ago #71759 by lindat
I was put in wrag without a medical and eventually [1 phone call from my hubbie, 3 letters from me and 2 phone calls from my MPs case worker] I recieved the esa85a and a LT54 [DMACR] telling me I had more than 15 points so was in wrag but no descriptors for support group. that was it a load of rubbish... no idea how many points or what for and don't think the DM did either :angry: Enclosed was a memo saying they only do ESA65s for people who fail to get ESA. :blink:

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.